Anyone with interference since fitting HIDS?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You'll know if you have it, soon as you put the main headlight switch to "ON" you get static interference through the radio.

After searching the t'internet it as been said to actually relay the ballasts rather than using the cars loom.

I have just bought one from Ebay XENON HID RELAY WIRING HARNESS WITH FUSE H1/H3/H7 200391718749 unless you can make it cheaper yourself :)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Hmm, i have heard of relaying them, can do it now if you know what your doing, but try the loom and report back mate :) Are they the digital ballasts or the old chunky ones?

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
ive had them set the wipers off a couple of times, but ive put this down to a slightly low battery, they use a considereable amount of amps to ignite, very much in the same way fluo tubes work ith a starter,

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
no problems with mine.
dianeshop ebay purchase with the offside attached to body work behind washer bottle - more out of the way & near-side on the tray
18months now and no issues at all

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
no interference on radio/cd/tv of any sort but on the mk2 when first start up they have a habit of restarting the speedo and blanking out the trip/Mfa info

relay/battery is the cure but never been bothered about it

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
I don't get interference as such, but the reception isn't as good. Don't really listen to the radio though and can only get 2 stations as I'm in a bit of a blackspot!

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
you need an aerial amplifier mate, the aura HU has one built in but most aftermarkets dont. I need to install one in mine but I remember battling with all those wires behind the HU last time I changed it...

I get interference too. easiest way to check is to turn the ignition on, radio on, and then the headlights. I also get it when using the rear heated windscreen button.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Sorry if I am being really thick here but..

I have the constant static problem with my radio when I have my HIDS on. I'm a complete novice at these things so what do I do to stop the static?

Are the hid boxes not meant to touch metal or something?:shrug:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
you need an aerial amplifier mate, the aura HU has one built in but most aftermarkets dont. I need to install one in mine but I remember battling with all those wires behind the HU last time I changed it...

I get interference too. easiest way to check is to turn the ignition on, radio on, and then the headlights. I also get it when using the rear heated windscreen button.

That is with the aftermarket amplifier fitted and powered from the 12V blue wire.

My HID ballasts are also on water bottle and down side of battery, so not touching metal.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise