Anyone with interference since fitting HIDS?

Dec 19, 2006
Mine are the big ballast's and I've Had the interference since I got them thank god some one has made something to fix it woop woop thankyou whoever found it lol

Dec 19, 2006
sweet cheers Lee, i'm excited lol actually get to listen to the radio properly now and have my headlights on at the same time :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You get a ringed neg and positive to attach to the battery, and two spade connectors to get the feed of the standard headlight connector.
Then the two other connectors attach to the feed for the ballasts, so you draw the voltage from the battery and not the standard car loom.

CMR

So is it pretty much that the 'smaller' ballasts from the HID kits cause this interferance?

I'm looking to order some HID's either today or tomorrow (with the smaller ballasts) and just wondering whether to order this relay thing too.

Does it just affect the radio.. or is it sound in general, i.e CD's?

CMR

Hmm, I might order it out of piece of mind anyway just on the off chance I want to use the radio.

It easier fitting them both at the same time or is it easy enough to do afterwards, as I imagine the HIDS will get here before the relay thing does

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Lee I don't spose you have a pic of this thing wired up? The screws holding the ballasts are rusted so don't want to take them off if I dont need to.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
No i don't follow the wires coming of the ballast and one as a plastic "clip" to keep the two together, that is the one you need to separate and replace with the relay loom.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah i think it would.

trublu07

you need number 4 in this picture

slimmer.jpg

Also if you want to make your own loom

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2632686

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members