AP caliper fitting kit

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
hello again you will all be happy when i stop posting about my brakes soon :) lol

basically i am under the understanding i need a fitting kit to fit the brake discs and pads ect to my car

i believe the Seat Part number is 6LL 698 295 and is £60

i know you can buy the part seperatly but i am unsure what parts i need.

can any one shed some light on it please :)

Thanks

Lee

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Why do you need a fitting kit to fit brakes that come as standard on your car mate?

Nothing needed to fit new discs or pads.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Only if you cant get them out and need to cut them out (like me and Kriso had to).

We got ours direct from AP FOC, I have the email address at home so I'll PM it to you tonigh.

ps, the kit you are on about is just the pins and the spring plate and they are ~£70 from the stealers...

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
oh right so if i can get them out and all is ok i dont need anything?

i might buy some pins anyway to be ont he safe side

thanks for letting me know i look forward to the email address :)

Lee

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Definitely get in touch with AP directly if you need new pins, i had the same problem as damo and kriso, e-mailed AP and 2 days later i had 4 new pins. Good serice.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
excellent

do you know what email address you used?

i might email them tomorrow or ring them if any one knows the number:)

i need to get all the bits here for Weekend as i should have it all being fitted then :)

Lee

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
As Damo says, the fitting kit just includes the pins, spring plates and grease. The calipers are designed to have the pins and springs replaced when the pads are changed but you can get away without doing it.

The problem is that the pins are held in the caliper by a collet on the tip of the pin so if this gets damaged, they can come loose. Usually the pins on these sort of calipers would have an R-clip to hold them in but I think Seat must have requested an all-in-one pin when the calipers were designed which could just be replaced at each service.

So assuming the pins come out ok, don't worry about the fitting kit...but might be worth applying some lithium grease to the pins when they go back in.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yoo sorry to bring up an old thread but i need some help

when we changed my pads we managed to get the pins out and reused them.

i am about to order some new one's as some spare so thanks for the link above again

BUT

i have really REALLY loud squeek brakes. hard braking is fine but just touch them and its almost making my ears bleed.

i didnt use copper grease anywhere. so my questions are
1) will copper grease fix this issue?
2) where do i put it?

Thanks

#Lee

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
What pads and discs you got, Lee?

I've got DS2500 pads and drilled and grooved discs and dont get any noise what so ever, apart from the brrrrr sound off the grooves in the discs.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ds2500 with CRN 6 grooves

i have never heard a squeek like it before. i thought it might of went once bedded in but it hasnt...

its only down to the light touch like rolling up to traffice lights. if i use them hard i get no noise :S

Lee

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Plaster the back of all 4 of the front pads (2 on each side) with copper grease. This should hopefully fix this problem. I had the same hassle with my mk4 ibiza and recently replaced my front discs with ATE PowerDiscs and some Ferodo premium pads. There was some chirping from the front when i wasnt braking at all, but this has gone away now that the brakes have bedded in. I was told to go easy on the new brakes for the first couple of hundred miles to let them settle in, and use the gears more to reduce speed where possible.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
thanks for the advice. i think i will give them a blast with the copper grease

might have to go back to standard discs and pads if this doesnt work

Lee

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.