APR direct port (free trial) PLEASE READ!

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND APR/REVO/JABBA

• APR..... ROCKS!!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • REVO..... ROCKS!!

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • JABBA..... ROCKS

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Hi there guys, just wanted to post about my experience of the APR direct port chip, I had this done yesterday at a APR dealer in devon. I was very impressed with the service and how quick it takes to do this process ( about 20-30 mins)
anyway the dealer did the work and off we went for a test drive, he drove and I was in the passenger seat, he showed me what it was like but not driving like a mad man, showed me what it was like in 2nd and 3rd gear, could not believe the torque that the APR chip gave and could feel this sat in the passenger seat, very impressed! went back to the dealers and that was it, shook his hand and off i went back onto the motorway towards home, this is when it got better! I could really feel the pull (torque) through the gears. Was pretty impressive in 6th gear and more responsive then when it was stock, could tell there was a lot more torque as the traction control was kicking in a lot more also but not too intrusive ( might be better to turn it off maybe...?)
Anyway had the free trial for 5 hours and did not waste much time as wanted to try it out to the max, let my brother have a drive (he drives like a nutter) and he was very impressed with the torque also, having compared this when he drove it when it was stock.
Im going back to the dealer next week to have the full programme but before I do I would like other people's opinion on APR, unsure about REVO and it would take some real persuading me over to REVO, comments however are welcome.
In a nutshell I am very impressed with the APR direct port software!

THANKS FOR READING!

Last edited:

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
As said they are all good remaps. I went with Revo as a large number on here do for the ease of changing settings really with the SPS3. People I know with the APR chip are also very happy and on the road there is no real difference between the cars. AMD now have the one click, Jabba have a boost controller and Revo their SPS so all have certain things you can change, also back-up and support is good so whatever you choose you will be happy.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
thanks for the comments, i dont mind people's personal preference and not expecting people to have tried all 3, this is just a simple poll and i am just interested in what software people have opted for, you dont have to vote but would appreciate your feeback/opinions and experiences of initial stock to chip driving experience's, many thanks

Last edited:

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
Well std car was quick but once chipped feels a whole lot quicker still. In real on the road terms the difference is not that great with a chipped car only pulling away slowly from a std one. The torque difference gives that massive extra shove and so getting a clean start is more difficult. Also the good thing about a chipped car is that you can leave it in gear and still get as good a shove as a std car, 4th/5th std may be similar to 6th in a chipped car in terms of pace and pulling. Just food for though but the car also feels less restricted and revs a little more freely too.

Whatever you decide - enjoy!

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I'm sure the APR remap is just as good as REVO and I know everyone seems revo biased on here hence your uncertainty but why shouldn't it be able to do the same job.
Revo is well publicised on here simply because they have happy customers.

If you or others get APR then there will be more pro APR posts..

nobody is revo biased on here..just revo satisfied.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I've had Revo on a diesel and AmD on a petrol and they were both perfectly adequate at what they do. I'm sticking with Revo for the new car as I want the flexibility of the SPS3 programme. If it puts a smile on your face its good enough for me (like so many things in life!)

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
mark so i see you have the revo software, what sort of gains do you get from this i:e torque and bhp...? and also what sort of price did you pay for this if you dont mind me asking...? i can see from the poll that most people on here are REVO biased, surely there must be some of the guys in here that have had APR, not one hit so far...? I might just have to try REVO but got put off a little by some reviews and problems with the free trial returning properly to stock mode, cheers for your comments mark.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
mOrk sounds like the revo has more bhp then the apr but slightly less torque, how much does it cost for the revo software and for the 4 bar code, what is the 4 bar code..? what is the sps3...? also are there any revo dealers in the south west of england

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
you have a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator as stock,putting in a 4 bar version and getting a new code from revo(free code),gives a few extra bhp and approx 10lbs ft of torque.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Hey playboy on reading first post i thought you were the feking APR dealer lol :blink: revo has more power and torque on 4bar fpr prog when linked with sps3 for sure than apr, both are good i have APR on lcr smooth, may come down to who is nearest dealer, you have no prob with either cust support both companys brilliant, although i think revo are more pro active, e.g they post on most forums, seem to be flexilble attend meets etc, well revo kev is a slag @ it tbh :D he gets to most meets/places with his laptop

do some more reading then get even more confused :confused: ,then sleep on it, read a bit more then make up youe OWN mind and do it , seriously BOTH excellent products/backup :thumbup:

vern

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
just an update to let you know that I have had the revo free trial today, dealer in somerset. could not download the software through the port so had to take the ecu and do it directly, took longer then apr and the dealer seemed to be having problems, poss cable but unsure. Did eventually do it through the ecu and the guys there were very friendly, abit concerned as had to take my wipers off and panels to get to the ecu and was abit concerned that it would not go back the way it was, did put it all back but not quite the way before.
anyway free trial loaded off i went to play down the motorway again, impressed yet again with the power/torque but did notice that there was more noise from the turbo then apr, this is most probably down to level of bar that revo gives.
over all i dont think there is really much between the apr and revo trials that i have had but I would say i feel that revo seems to kick in abit early but seemed to tail off higher up the rev range compared to apr, also feel that apr is a smoother uptake and feel this is just down to the level of bar. anyway i have the weekend to think about which way i am going to go, i dont think im going to try jabba as will most probably end up more confused and feel that apr and revo are the leaders in this field. (NO DISRESPECT TO OTHER RETAILERS OF SIMILAR SOFTWARE, MAYBE JUST MORE POPULAR I SHOULD SAY)

Last edited:

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
cupra-c_ya said:
just an update to let you know that I have had the revo free trial today, dealer in somerset. could not download the software through the port so had to take the ecu and do it directly, took longer then apr and the dealer seemed to be having problems, poss cable but unsure. Did eventually do it through the ecu and the guys there were very friendly, abit concerned as had to take my wipers off and panels to get to the ecu and was abit concerned that it would not go back the way it was, did put it all back but not quite the way before.
anyway free trial loaded off i went to play down the motorway again, impressed yet again with the power/torque but did notice that there was more noise from the turbo then apr, this is most probably down to level of bar that revo gives.
over all i dont think there is really much between the apr and revo trials that i have had but I would say i feel that revo seems to kick in abit early but seemed to tail off higher up the rev range compared to apr, also feel that apr is a smoother uptake and feel this is just down to the level of bar. anyway i have the weekend to think about which way i am going to go, i dont think im going to try jabba as will most probably end up more confused and feel that apr and revo are the leaders in this field. (NO DISRESPECT TO OTHER RETAILERS OF SIMILAR SOFTWARE, MAYBE JUST MORE POPULAR I SHOULD SAY)
The problem was u had APR trail before mate, so revo wont load up thro serial straight away, has to be reflashed to stock then re load revo, no prob @ all though, same would have happened if you had revo 1st then gone for apr they would have had same prob tbh, just that apr leaves summat it for remote pin location etc saving going back to dealers if you want it, revo different though

vern

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.