APR direct port (free trial) PLEASE READ!

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND APR/REVO/JABBA

• APR..... ROCKS!!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • REVO..... ROCKS!!

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • JABBA..... ROCKS

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Hi rob, I have been well happy with the revo since first trying it, the 4bar FPR helps + my exhaust & recent ramair maxflow cai.
I got the revo software done at TSR based in bridgewater as jabba or custom codes were too far away + I dont think they do free trials so you can test them out first.
Have you got your car revo'd or any other software?
where abouts are you in the south west then rob?
cheers

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Thought it might have been done at TSR, couldn't think of any other Revo dealers in the south west off the top of my head..... I'll drop you a PM later on (busy at work!) :whistle:

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
I find it quite interesting that APR's new map uses a 3bar FPR, Jim said the 4bar was of no benefit and 3bar was more than adequate.

Im running a 4bar FPR with Custom Code Phase 2 software and APR are right up there with very similar figures and an almost exact torque and bhp curve though its having a tweak in March.

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
I had the APR remap done at awesome and im well happy with the resuts i would recomend APR to anyone thinking of havin a remap done. As for revo etc.. i cant comment as i have not tried em!
Maybe worth checkin Awesomes RR results so you can compare APR vrs Revo etc ??

NumberoftheBeast

Apr 20, 2005
Manchester
Had all 3: revo, APR and Jabba.

Had Revo on the S3. As you said, you can tell a masisve difference. Boost comes in early and puts you back into the seat before tailing off well before the red line. It was very aggressive and not to my liking, even with the benefits of Quattro. It also didn't feel safe. It was juddering, tailing off and then coming back in etc. I didn't like it at all. Come on people, start moaning because this is a revo forum hehehe.

Had APR trial on the LCR and loved it. Awesome are great lads. APR doesn't give the initial kick that Revo offers but that's a bonus. It comes in smooth and progressively and keeps pulling. It thus feels like a fast "standard" car as oppose to a "chipped" one with boost turned up. I liked it, however one thing I did mention on a previous thread was that it felt a lot quicker than standard as I drove away from the trial, but I never actually realised once it had reverted back to stock. I just didn't notice it feeling dull and slow again.

Took the plunge and drove to Jabba in the end. Ok, so you could say I am biased then, but I am really pleased with their custom remap. Mike is a genius and all the staff there are great. It is very fast and aggressive but still smooth and economical. Would definitely go Jabba again on a VAG car.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
NumberoftheBeast said:
Had APR trial on the LCR and loved it. Awesome are great lads. APR doesn't give the initial kick that Revo offers but that's a bonus. It comes in smooth and progressively and keeps pulling. It thus feels like a fast "standard" car as oppose to a "chipped" one with boost turned up. I liked it, however one thing I did mention on a previous thread was that it felt a lot quicker than standard as I drove away from the trial, but I never actually realised once it had reverted back to stock. I just didn't notice it feeling dull and slow again.

When I switch back to stock, I agree it doesn't feel that different, but when I switch it back again, it flies!!!!!
Strange but true!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cupra-c_ya said:
didnt realise that you did custom code bill or even revo, nice to know for the chaps in the south west.
what figures have you got with the custom code bill?

LOL how could you miss that m8 :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Revo Kev said:
Juddering, tailing off etc. sounds very much like an N75 issue. That's not a trait of the software, sounds like you had a problem there!

and some early versions of code also had problems, since sorted agreed but still problematic... maybe that era?

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Not to that extent on an S3... although it's true, some earlier software did hiccup coming on boost. Always looking to solve problems like that though! ;)

pigginell

Evening Girls..

I currently have the APR map on the LCR like many have said it's difficult to compare as most have only used 1 map.

APR does the job well and generally runs lower boost than others to give similar output:p thus putting less stress on the motor.

LCR is booked in at Awsome to take her up to the next stage mid next month.
I will document all the dyno runs pre and post and most important will post a video run again 0-200-0 kmh so we can compare with the last video of the stock one. (if I have replace the video in time, she came to an early grave when I had it mounted on a snowboard:whistle: )

Stay tunned for latest mods[B)]

Pete

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members