Arch Rolling?!

Jamie P

May 13, 2008
Helston, Cornwall
Morning all,

Have a couple of questions about the above subject... Realistically, if i want to go lower on the Cupra, i will need to have the rear arches rolled, or whatever they do these days...

But on the flip side of that, ive heard some horror stories, paint cracking, arch distortion etc etc?

Has anyone had theres done? Or if not, any other arch work done to clear wide wheels / low car...

Thanks,

Jamie.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the wheels stick in so much that i doubt you need it unless your going for stupid size wheels and i'll tell you why...the exhaust will hit the rear axle well before the wheels hit the arches.

you can deck it on 17s no problem arch wise, 18s at a push...19s and you dont deserve to own a cupra

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i have lowered mine a fair bit and i have 20mm spacers on the rear.. i want to roll my front and rear arches so i can drop the car a bit more but im finding it hard to find some one to do it!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
there is no lip as such on the rears aside from the very front lower edge. its also double skinned and will not roll readily.
Fronts have lips and can be rolled.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
ha! no i want it lower.

pyki

how do i sort out the doube skin bit because if i cut he lip off then i will be left with a hole going in to the rear 1/4 above both arches

Firstly my names myki not pyki, i dont call you 1.4biza so dont call me pyki

Secondly, have a feel of the lip in question and you'l see it wont leave any kinda hole in the panel, all your doing is grinding the lip down (cos there is a lip there) so its almost flat which will then give you more clearance to the wheel

Jamie P

May 13, 2008
Helston, Cornwall
To be honest, i wouldnt feel comfortable just grinding the arch back myself and i'm sure any reputable bodyshop wouldnt want to do this also...

I will be ordering coliovers this month, but would preferably want to get arches done beforehand... My Wheels are 7.5j and with 15mm spacers if it goes too low it will rub, as with some weight in the back on the weekend, it did!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
jamie have a look around on this forum there is plenty of people riding real low without much hassle of rubbing. I think the answer was mentioned here already: raise it (ie don't go too low)

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Firstly my names myki not pyki, i dont call you 1.4biza so dont call me pyki

Secondly, have a feel of the lip in question and you'l see it wont leave any kinda hole in the panel, all your doing is grinding the lip down (cos there is a lip there) so its almost flat which will then give you more clearance to the wheel

lol. you need to chill a bit mate.

the reason why i said about the double skin is because i have met a few people who have cut their rear arches out and they has to re 'glue' the inside skin of the arch...

Jamie P

May 13, 2008
Helston, Cornwall
jamie have a look around on this forum there is plenty of people riding real low without much hassle of rubbing. I think the answer was mentioned here already: raise it (ie don't go too low)

Yeah i realise this, but even at how it is now, 35mm low, with someone / weight in the back, over bumps etc it will rub... So its not just a case of wanting to go low also...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.