are these hid's suitable but expensive?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
If you have a cupra you will need a H7 kit for dipped beam.
Mk4`s don`t use can-bus wiring so you don`t need the ultimate kit either.
You can use the pro+ kit and save some cash... £100 or ~£85 with discount code. ;)

I reccomend you go for the H7R bulbs instead of H7, as they produce less glare, and in my opinion look more like oem xenons on the road, instead of looking like some overpowered illegal mod.
They only have H7R`s in 8000k at the moment but I e-mailed them on sunday (I`m after a spare 5000k), and they said they expect some more in this week.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
These are for cars where the fault light comes on in the dash if the bulb blows (canbus) - the lower draw of the HID triggers the fault light on these cars.

If you have twin headlights - the dip beam is a H7.

Wow, replied in the same minute!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Dianeshop ones from ebay H7's £40 Delivered

Had them for probably over a year now , No problems , Not been Pulled , Had them on lower 1 setting for a while but back on 0 now

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i have that kit, really nice quality and service from these guy. I got them a while back and not one fault so far, plus they have some sorta warranty. I suggest just go for the Pro kit as the Ultimate kit i have have a slow warmup period there by taking longer to reach full brightness, a design of the ballasts i think. I'm thinking about getting the H7R bulbs now, didnt have those when i got them.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
i have that kit, really nice quality and service from these guy. I got them a while back and not one fault so far, plus they have some sorta warranty. I suggest just go for the Pro kit as the Ultimate kit i have have a slow warmup period there by taking longer to reach full brightness, a design of the ballasts i think. I'm thinking about getting the H7R bulbs now, didnt have those when i got them.

Yes, as I said I always say try the H7R bulbs. Because of the coating they don`t produce as much light as the normal H7`s, but the actual light emitted is less scattered and more focused on the road - much more OEM.

Careful where you get your bulbs though - I wanted to try some H7R 4300k`s recently and I went for the cheapest I could (ebay); but when I got hold of them the coating was in the wrong place! It should cover the bottom and the part just behind the glass ball, but these had the coating to the side and only partially covered the rear part. I think I`ll stick to hids4u.

You get what you pay for, diane-shop seems to be the only exception to this rule!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
lightec autostyle is where i got mine from, about 60 quid delivered and are a good bit of kit, had some from hids direct in my old corsa c sri aswell they are a good kit too but they were abit more at around 80 quid. No point wasting 200 in my opinion!

Aimez

I have had HIDs 4 u ones for about 3 years now no problems at all I was willing to pay a bit more as no could tell me with the cheaper ones they had had them for more than a year. Passed every MOT and not been pulled over I got them aligned straight away though as they were too high.

Aimez

they are all illegal anyway unless you got auto levelling lamps and headlamp washers.
but just forget that fact.:p

Here we go there are dozens of threads for that argument as many cars from factory do not have washers and work fine etc etc! So lets not start that I am sure he is well aware of this. The police have walked around my car checking my lights (routine pull for breath test etc) and they said all was fine so for something that is illegal don't know anyone who has had a problem. Anyway I am doing it now end of!:rolleyes:

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
if they were to argue, i think they cant be bothered with the paperwork and grey areas. Just make sure you have it fitted properly either by yourself or a garage and get it adjusted/checked out properly by one of those headlight ...checker thingy ... they use at the MOT centres. Also important to keep the "glass" clean and clear.

I too have been passed by so many police and "random police stops" to check tyres, not a single query.