are these the correct springs for my car

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
seat ibiza mk3 1.4 chill just want to make sure if these are the correct ones? and if there a good price

Manufacturer :
Jamex Springs & Kits

Category :
Jamex Springs

Sub-category :
Jamex Springs - Seat

Application :
Ibiza 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 08/99> 40mm

Product Code:
JX-120624

Details :
Chassis 6K.
Lowering Front & Rear = 40mm.

Price:
£56.76 inc VAT

Last edited:

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
seat ibiza mk3 1.4 chill just want to make sure if these are the correct ones? and if there a good price

Manufacturer :
Jamex Springs & Kits

Category :
Jamex Springs

Sub-category :
Jamex Springs - Seat

Application :
Ibiza 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 08/99> 40mm

Product Code:
JX-120624

Details :
Chassis 6K.
Lowering Front & Rear = 40mm.

Price:
£56.76 inc VAT

Sounds about right mate, please tell me you are getting new shocks and upper mounts at the same time?

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
i paid same price IIRC, there okay, makes the ride alot bumpier, but handles a little better on the corners, it was just a temporary solution to get my car back down from the clouds, as im saving for a decent shock and spring kit or the dreaded coilovers!!

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
cant i use original ones? my cars sitting at around 70,000 miles, so full suspension has been on since new.

I changed all the shock absorbers and front top mounts at 85k this year (2001 Yreg) and believe me what I found was shocking! The car never get driven hard as its my wifes and a 1.4, but one of the front shocks had no rebound left at all after 3 hours of the car it had not risen! The only way I knew after years as a mechanic was a tiny bit of wander at motorway speeds and bounce test came up was fine! To add to this the top mounts were very rough in there operation. It cost me £235 in parts bilstein b4 shocks (euro car parts £185 and top mounts (2 parts top and bearing main dealer £50) Do the job properly normal shocks are not designed to work with lower ride heights

aj51 log

I've got those on my chill. Gonna buy some new shocks though. I only swapped the springs over so that it was ready for ISTS 09, I had just got the car a week before so had to get it done lol. Peice of cake to do aswel, half an hour a corner.

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
thanks peoples, where can i get these top mounts then? are they expensive? because next week im going to change my alloys to cupra ones, atm ive got standard chill 14's on it, and it looks high already so don't want it to get alot higher otherwise it's going to look ridiculous so want to get the springs changed as quick and as cheaply as possible

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
thanks peoples, where can i get these top mounts then? are they expensive? because next week im going to change my alloys to cupra ones, atm ive got standard chill 14's on it, and it looks high already so don't want it to get alot higher otherwise it's going to look ridiculous so want to get the springs changed as quick and as cheaply as possible

My last post says where and how much:confused:

i am also am fitting a set of shocks and springs to my 1.4 in the next few days, i have decided to replace my top mounts while im there, i just have one question

when i used to have a mk3 golf we used to put the topmounts out of the vr6 version into the 1.4's and gti's because they are suposed to be stronger,

my question is are there any difference between 1.4 topmounts and cupra topmounts? and would it be worth putting cupra topmounts on my 1.4? (would they fit)?

also can someone post a link to the correct topmounts i need so i can order them today,

cheers:D:D

Yeh that's what I went for. You will need to take the bearing off the old top mount and grease her up well, my bearing was fine so I didn't see the point in getting a new one.

The reason you replace them is that the rubber around the nuts get worn away and eventually break through, and then the nut comes away from the mount and it's not fun trying to get them after that's happened!

Alignment depends where you go, phone around before you chose somewhere. Make sure it's 4-wheel laser alignment. I wouldn't pay more than £50 for it, but some people on here can't get it lower than that for some reason.

sortu

Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
ok wicked so i need two of them top mounts and possibly two new bearings aswell, then im all set with the new springs and alignment, anyone around milton keynes fancy fitting the springs for me :D lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members