Argh mk2 16v issues

PaddyGT

Hi All,

I've got a mk2 16v with starting cutting out issues. I think the original issue of cutting out is due to the laser line alarms imoboliser kicking in so i've stopped using the laser line fob and just using the factory fob. All went well the first day i tried it but then today i went for a 15mile drive. After I had done a bit of shopping went to start the car and nothing....!! Normaly if it had cut out whilse driving it would at least turn over this time nothing. I've had this once before when i tried to start it in gear by accident, got it going that time by rocking in back and forth in gear. Tried to rock it back and forth today but it didnt work so I had to pay to get it taken home on the back of a truck. So we get back to my house I hand over £50 hard earnd pennies we push it into the drive a?nd I say for a laugh lets see if it srarts.....it did!!!!

Soooo what do you guys think starter motor or imimoboliser?

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
after market immobilisers are a pain in the ass, but fairly easy to remove if your handy with a soldering iron. id get rid of that before i spent money on other stuff.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
sounds like it might be a coil pack (if its got one) people have had similar problems?
could be what dolly said too!