Arosa 1.4 16v Sport - My Trackday Project - '09 End of Season Report from Page 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Do you reach a point where you stop going faster and just enjoy the drive at what settles at a comfortable pace - traffic and conditions dependant?

I've found this year and last that with a JK, if a lap gets spoiled by traffic, or if I want a calm drive (I often use the 1/2 way entrance/exit at Breidsheid as as a good way to get to Adenau to fill up with fuel/get lunch/spectate etc) then it's no bother. Sometimes (early in the morning especially) it can be such a stunning drive through the Eifel that you just have to take it easy and enjoy :)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
What is your fastes lap mate?

I don't time many these days tbh, from those that I have timed I'm fairly confident that I can lap in the 8 mins 50 region. TBH, power is the biggest restriction here, as after Bergwerk it's foot to the floor for about 2-3km up to the Karussel.. if I had 200bhp I could probably knock 20 seconds off a lap on that one section alone!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I don't time many these days tbh, from those that I have timed I'm fairly confident that I can lap in the 8 mins 50 region. TBH, power is the biggest restriction here, as after Bergwerk it's foot to the floor for about 2-3km up to the Karussel.. if I had 200bhp I could probably knock 20 seconds off a lap on that one section alone!

Very good times with the power you have mate :)

Just read the whole thing, very good mate, makes me want a track car!

I live in stourport so not far from you, and have just come back from the 'ring, what an experience! I only had 4 laps but loved absolutely every second of it. And to top it off, followed a lad in a JDM civic type r (new shape) all the way back from Dunkerque to Worcester (who'd had his stag do at the 'ring - lucky git!)...weird lol.

I normally get together with a group of petrolheads on a Sunday night in kidderminster, near the viaduct, you should pop down and show off the beast!

Last edited:

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Update Following May 'Ring Trip

Here's the latest instalment to the story, following the second trip of 2009!

First up, the essential stats.. The Arosa racked up 1112.6 miles on this trip (it's still in Germany to save tyre wear, fuel and in readiness for the next trip!) taking the car's total mileage to 43164. Over the 5 days, I racked up a further 48 laps to the 67 from Easter, making this years total currently 115 laps

Some of these laps included excellent, close, 'nothing in it' laps with Dale (instructor at RSRNurburg) in his MX-5, and a German guy who was peddling (very well!) his TDI 170 A4 Avant.. tremendously enjoyable lapping and post-lap conversation! There will be re-matches on both fronts in future...

The trip ended with a change of front discs and pads, ready for the next trip.. I'll also be taking out a new set of front tyres :p

Whilst taking a break in the new 'Devils Diner', imagine my surprise to notice my Arosa being featured within the continuously looping footage of the Easter Touristenfahrten sessions.. See the link below at approximately 9mins 50s and again at 12mins 18s - Now being watched by 'ringers time and time again [B)]

http://de.sevenload.com/videos/Q0zTgaJ-Carfriday-2009

Finally, I thought I'd post up a selection of pics from both my Easter and May trips.. enjoy:

ring2009_apr_may1.jpg

ring2009_apr_may2.jpg

ring2009_apr_may3.jpg

ring2009_apr_may4.jpg

ring2009_apr_may5.jpg

ring2009_apr_may6.jpg

ring2009_apr_may7.jpg

ring2009_apr_may8.jpg

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Pretty rapid there :D Im still loving the stripes, reminds me of a badger and you dont see many of those alive on the roads :D

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Bloody hell,

i go out there for my second trip on the may bank holiday weekend and who do i see again as we pull out of Lidl car park on the saturday, Yup the Arosa, think you were with a a Leon wghen i saw you going into that supermarket car park.

Saw you going round a few times and have some pics.

Look out for me next time on track, pic below, i managed to get some good laps in with the new Mini (its first time round ) pissed off a dutch guy who was in a turbo'd Gen 1 new mini (circa 300bhp) by doing him into kesselchen, don't think he new the track as he was a point and squirt merchant.

I'm going again this weekend for trip number 3 of 2009 so may or may not see you. Have set up a new site www.nurburgringpics.co.uk as looking to sell my pics, last weekend i took over 1200 pictures. We'll have to meet up for a beer sometime out there as we will be going once a month minimum and sometimes twice a month to get the pics for the new site. We usually stay at Blaue Ecke, this weekend we are nicking a rental car from my mates work, so i will be bombing round in a 115bhp 2009 Focus TDci which will actually be fun, Theres agroup of 15 we are meeting down there, mostly first timers ( i know i know) but they are all staying at Ringhaus ( they'll learn). Loads of fun though if weather holds although i am hoping for rain as i love the ring in the wet, such playing field leveller as sorts the **** drivers from the good.

20090503touri0518.jpg

Bear™

I've got some pics of your car at the Nurburgring. But this forum won't let me post URLs to other places (without 15 more posts!) - email me - bear [at] repetitive-beats.com.

Trips

I read up to the aftermath of the crash a while ago, my heart sank- felt like somebody shot bambi's mum :(

Caught up on the whole thread now, loving the little track badger! What a comeback. Very glad to see it's made an impression on 'ringers :D

sinbad666

Hi Mate,
Awesome car.
I made my first trip to the ring at easter this year. Im pretty sure i saw you their and think your on one of the videos i got during one of the laps (on youtube).

Will definately have to get myself back their. Stunning little motor.
Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise