Arosa oil Warning Light

Simon Audi

Hi everyone, I was after a bit of help.:)

I recently got a 1.4 Auto Arosa on a 51 plate and have a question regarding the oil pressure light.

On all other cars I have owned, the oil pressure light only goes out when you start the engine, and the switch sees oil preasure.

On the Arosa we have got, the oil light comes on when you turn the key on, but goes out after about 3 seconds, at the same time the coolant and low fuel lights goes out.

Is this normal? Do your Arosa's all behave the same way?:confused:

Yor feedback would be appreciated.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Doesnt sound normal - but, I have a MK1 arosa. The oil pressure light should only really come on after you have changed the oil filter and done a oil change I think ? Could be wrong. Do you know anyone with a VAGcom in your area who could check for you ?

Simon Audi

Doesnt sound normal - but, I have a MK1 arosa. The oil pressure light should only really come on after you have changed the oil filter and done a oil change I think ? Could be wrong. Do you know anyone with a VAGcom in your area who could check for you ?

Hi GG,

I don't know anyone with VAG Com in my area.

As you also have a 1.4 Auto. when you turn the ignition on, (please wait 10 sec or so before starting) does your "red oil can" warning light come on and stay on until you start the car, or go out with the other lights?

The oil pressure warning light should normally be on when the car engine is not running as there's no oil pressure then, and its a warning for low oil pressure.

Also, can you only get your ignition keys out if the gear lever is in Park, or can you take it out in drive or reverse as well? - On mine you can take it out in any gear, but on my Auto Shogun, you can only get the key out in park.

Thanks

Simon

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
When I switch the ignition on I get an battery light on 1st and then it goes out when the engine has started. They key is easily removed from the ignition in any gear.

Simon Audi

When I switch the ignition on I get an battery light on 1st and then it goes out when the engine has started. They key is easily removed from the ignition in any gear.

Thanks

So it sounds like you do not get the oil warning light at all.

Thanks for your response and help.

Regards

Simon:funk:

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
Hi Simon, thats exactly what happens with my mk1, I think thats just the way its been designed

R3bb

Oct 28, 2007
Hi Simon, thats exactly what happens with my mk1, I think thats just the way its been designed
No it's not, mine goes out immedietly like any other car.
You could have an underlying issue if it takes a few seconds to go out, like starving the engine of oil initially, which is never good!

Simon Audi

No it's not, mine goes out immedietly like any other car.
You could have an underlying issue if it takes a few seconds to go out, like starving the engine of oil initially, which is never good!

Hi,

It actually goes out at the same time as the low fuel light and the low water light, BEFORE i have started the engine and circulated the oil, and create pressure on the switch.

Regards

Simon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.