Arosa Sport 0-60 times

The Mann

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Well the best thing to do is go race one and see. I thought this forum wa different but theres too many people on here it seems that start crying about there cars being slower than something when it is slightly. If u love seats then whats the problem. Dont worry about other cars as theres always something faster. Im just telling it how it is...anyway it depends on how u define "keep up". OK it may keep up and not get dusted but it will hardly be up level with it im afraid. Talking from experience...sorry. I like golfs yes so you probably think im biased, but considering im about to ditch mine for a seat says it all so im just being honest. I just think people should accept when a car is not as fast as something. See saxos (vts) are pretty quick which you just have to admit as much as we all love to hate them im sure...
Anyway, you say that the golf only has 112bhp...well since you seem to think its all about horse power then isnt that in itself contradicting yourself, as the arosa only has only 100bhp.
However as you know its a quick car. Its not all about horse power though.
My mark one golf (with mark 2 engine standard 8 valve) roasted an arosa sport.
Mates mark 2 (weighs more) wasnt quite so obvious but still pulled away.
The 16 valve golf however...i wont even go there!

Conclusion: Arosas are nice nippy cars and shouldnt be overlooked but the golf gtis are quicker imo and on paper.

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
My mate has a mk2 Golf 8v which had 130bhp on a rolling road. It had done 100K and no modifications other than being 'well run in', and it's certainly quite fast.

I would love to try an Arosa Sport as I can imagine they are huge fun.

Steve

The golf in question is now no-longer running as the engine has finally given up but the gear box has been transfered to his other golf which was running on the rolling road with 150BHP at the wheels. Did i mention its an A reg 1.8 8V. When the gear box was in the old golf it raced DUBSPORT's Bora V5 and pissed all over it there is also video footage of it all over the back of a 450BHP(supposidly) Astra GSI. On the corners the Golf was pissing passed the astra but on the starights the golf ran out of steam at 112 so the astra went by. I could list many other cars it has raced and won such as Cossies etc but I wont, But yes it was around 65 in first.

Colin(GZA).

jon.od

Jan 2, 2002
Kent
Visit site
Think you will find that my arosa is probably going to beat the pants of any golf to sixty as my mate only just pipped it on his R6.

It does 0-60 in just under two seconds putting power through all four wheels.

The 60-0 time is just as quick around 3 Seconds by virtue of it`s Carbon Fibre Disks.

This is only possible since the car has been on a bit of a diet and now ways just over 5 Kgs.

All this and the car only makes abouts 1/2 Bhp.

Cheers to Tom for making me the scale body for the Nitro Car Pictures to Follow once the paint goes on the Shell.

The true Arosa toy car !

davegeorge

Oct 28, 2001
SURREY
Visit site
Colin, fair point mate, our Arosa's poss have about 75 BHP at wheels so its easy to see with long gearing it may be possible what you were talking about.!

To everyone else here, i think it was summed up when the Arosa was summed up as nippy!! A Civic Type R is quick, a Lancer EVO is very quick and anything else is supercar fast.

I also own a Arosa 16V and at 8000 miles its feeling quite good now, but i would never describe it as quick, my old 206 GT was 137BHP and only weighed 60KG more and that was not that quick either!!!

Dave

ModdedCars

Jon,

where did you get the body for the Arosa Model? I've seen Golf's and Beetles, but thats about it.

I've got an EVO6 and a Focus, but they are Rally cars.

Or was it a custom build?

And 65mph in 1st? Get outta here! I'd expect only cars like the Macca F1 and the new Buggatti Veyron to acheive those kinda speeds in first. And I'd still be suprised. 65mph in 1st gives about 100 in second, 150 in Third? 200 in 4th????

jon.od

Jan 2, 2002
Kent
Visit site
The shell was a custom build done by a local plastics company. It is based on around my 1/8th scale. I`ll get the pictures posted over the weekend once it`s been painted.

Bit wary of the quality looks almost like an arosa, but i don`t think it will withstand a lot of impacts.

rise_uk

Jul 23, 2001
Arosa 1.4 Sport 100bhp weighs in at 946Kg = 105.7 bhp/ton

My Arosa 1.4TDi Superchipped 103bhp weighs in at 965Kg = 106.7 bhp/ton

Doesn't feel like I can out sprint an Arosa sport 0-60 though!

M.Farrar

I think 0-60 in first gear is possible....on the Thrust SSC!

Thanks for everyones feedback on the subject of 0-60 times.

simon_mint_boy

hello
my girlfriend has an arosa sport 51 plate its got 14k on it and i drive it frequently. Admittedly its nice to drive and pretty nippy but no way would it have a 1.8 or 2ltr golf mk 2 or 3. I drive a chipped leon cupra and ive owned a mk2 golf 16 which i replaced with a 2ltr 16v motor and also a mk 3 vr6. The arosa is nice but its not quick. later simon

bugulls

220bhp Arosa soon to be
Jul 19, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
i have an arosa TDi S chipped to 118bhp with 167 lbs ft of torque and i have had 60 in 7.9 secs find me a good uphill and i can sit on the bumper of an MG ZR 160 it has been done:devil:

bugulls

220bhp Arosa soon to be
Jul 19, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
well the ECU has been remapped to my specs, turbo now comes in a lot sooner about 1000rpm and i am running 2 bar of boost i have an induction kit on it and an exhaust, boost gauge, lowered 60mm on 16" wheels a ford scorpio front splitter i think thats all for the moment pics will be coming soon as soon as i find the software for my digi camera it was rolling road tested with 1048 miles on now it has 10,000 miles on it is going back on the rollers in a few weeks may have a bit more power with the engine now run in

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
Sounds cool. I just wished SEAT did an Arosa Sport TDi like the Loopy boys have. Test drove one and it went well (yours must go like a turd off a polished shovel!) and the kit inside was nice, although the seats weren't as nice as the Arosa Sport's; don't quite know how that worked but there you go.

What colour is yours? BTW my parents have a MG ZR and I bet an Arosa wouldn't out handle it! :( ;)

Wow, someone to talk to with an Arosa!

bugulls

220bhp Arosa soon to be
Jul 19, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
yea it does shift a bit a friend has a punto GT and i can just about pip him up to 60.
i had an MG ZR at christmas but not that keen handled well but just didnt have the power. what i have now is punto GT performance cheap tax insurance and fuel economy
the colour is a special aparently acording to the local dealer its not available in this country except for special request true or not i am not sure but it wasent the dealer i got it from because they presumed it was an import

oh and yes my interior is a light grey and terrible

once i get my camera sorted i will post some pics

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise