Arosa Sport 0-60 times

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
Sooo... how'd you find your ex-Arosa Sport? Handling, engine, etc.

Apart from the silly arse Vectra women, stupid cow. I feel for you mate!

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Originally posted by Hindey
Sooo... how'd you find your ex-Arosa Sport? Handling, engine, etc.

Apart from the silly arse Vectra women, stupid cow. I feel for you mate!
I loved it mate, The handling was nice and firm, went round islands at 50mph whilst remaining horizontal, you could throw it around - a kart with a roof.

The engine loved to be revved hard, and when doing so it suprised many other drivers at how quick the 100BHP actually was in a car that weighs next to nothing. Shame I never got it on a track - it wouldn't have been the fastest, but it most certainly would have handled the best on a circuit like Haynes.

I would still own it today if it were not for needing a deisel driving to Bristol everyday :(

So you've read about my mis fortunes?! :(

How you finding yours?

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
Frustrating at the moment mate! It's currently 300 miles away in Surrey waiting for Saturday. I can't wait, I've had my ickle 1.0 for two years. I love it to bits, but it's rather slow and handles a bit like a... a... well, something that is spongy and can carry no speed through a corner. But other than that it looks great and even two years on still gets a few looks for a 1.0l...

Anyway, back to the 16v; it's my brother's, who has funnily enough just bought a Ibiza TDi 130 Sport for the same reason as you, except swap Bristol for Basingstoke! I've been in the 16v, it seems to handle well and, although partly the "go-kart" effect, seems to go like stink. Which is fine by me. What other cars did you come up then, you must have had a few spat's with other warm hatches / rep mobiles?

I'll let you all know how I find it, I'm sure. I'm so excited, I feel like I'm 6 waiting for Christmas!!!

Yeah, I read with increasing frustration your experiences. It's so very much unfair. I read a lot on here, just post little because I haven't really got an exciting SEAT therefore don't have many tales! Hopefully that'll change with time and a few choice traffic lights.

Wow, longest SCN post for me ever.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Welcome to the club tho - make sure you come along to a few events! - Rockingham - it's free - put your name down!

The Arosa can see off pretty much all the boy racer twat material, BMW 316's and 318's, all the usual Vectras and Mondeos, even Mercedes Sprinter Vans!

I used it on my Bristol runs for quite a while and it also makes a great motorway driver, aswell as around town - fantastic car - I only wish a load of the Cupra R boys took the time to appreciate it -yes it's no way near as fast (I got 9-60 of 9s out of it), but it's so much more fun to drive! Such a hoot :D

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
VTR's not pose any problems?

0-60 in 9.0s? Really? Was that on a proper timing system or the old mate with a stop-watch ("Best of three!") trick?

My brother said one of his favourtie things about it was that the engine was docile below 3-3.5k RPM but as soon as you get over those revs that it flies. Did you experience / notice / like that?

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep on Friday night :D

Hindey

Clio 197
Nov 25, 2001
London
You'll have to load them to webspace and then link them using the IMG button when when you write a post.

Alternativley if you e-mail them to chrishinde at btopenworld.com I'll post them for you!

Chris

simon_mint_boy

hello
how are you running 2 bar boost.
Thats nearly 30 psi surely tahts far too much for the motor thye only run very low boost as standard dont they.
later simon

bugulls

220bhp Arosa soon to be
Jul 19, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
i think they run about 1.4 bar as standard the TDi PD engine's run high boost as standard which is how they get the performance, eg.. like in the golf GT TDI 150 bhp, the engine is basicly the same as the 110 bhp just running a higher boost they can cope with a higher boost because of the compression that a diesel has or so i have been told

simon_mint_boy

That seems really high my leon cupra ran about 10 psi standrda and chipped it will peak at about 18psi then drop to a steady 15 which is 1 bar.
2 bar is renault 5 terrotory.
later simon

bugulls

220bhp Arosa soon to be
Jul 19, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
yea a friend has a supra and cannot run 2 bar i think the turbo's work different on the diesel's on tickover it sits at 0 not into the - like petrol's do a friend has a 130 bhp golf runing 1.6 bar the only problem i have is it boosts up to 2 bar for about 1000revs then dies down to 1.6 bar i think thats when the wastegate opens

djprone

not a chance does the arosa sport do 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. I do think its lower than the book but not that much. My other car '2001 Golf Gti 1.8 20V turbo' will only do 0-60 in 8.7 seconds - thats timed on a drag track!

djprone

dont get me wrong tho. the arosa sport 16v is the best bit of fun you can have without lube. but lets not deny its only a 1.4

warren_cox

Back from the dead
my missus had a lupo 1.4 Sport 16V 100bhp with panel filter, H&R springs and nowt else and that car was damn quick. Much quicker than the 10 second time that the book said 0-60 was.

One of the mags, I think Volkswagen Driver magazine had the 0-60 at around 9 seconds. They're light as feathers and the only thing that made the ride unsatisfactory to me was the appauling body roll. Never got round to changing the ARB's as all our money went on modding my Lupo GTi :hide: .

The sport wasn't massively slower than the GTi when it was in standard trim. The new 100bhp engine was a big improvement over the 75bhp from which it was derived, the only terminal problems being weak oil pumps.

For what they are they get my vote - top motor! As for whether it would keep with a Mk1 GTi :think: , hmmm not sure. A Mk2 maybe, a Mk3 definitely, and I used to whip my mates Mk4 2.0 GTi regularly (but they were rubbish as standard).

Anderoo

Wow you mean there are other 1.4 Sports out there! The girl friend has one at the moment. Nice drive, pretty nippy although I get picked on by other cars when I drive it for some reason.

Suprisingly most people seem to think they are slower than they really are. ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.