Arrived home on a recovery truck tonight :-(

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I feel for you monopoly, hope it gets sorted quickly.

I had that recall done on mine in summer, and I'm glad I did now. The way they explained it to me was that it was being done 'just in case'. Clearly a bit more important than people think! I posted a thread about it a while back. Forgive me, but i dont know how to link it...

monopoly

May 22, 2015
Not at this stage I'm afraid. Maybe when I get the paperwork from collecting the car and if so I'll post it up.

A dealer should probably be able to recognise it as "camshaft adjuster pulley" though, I should think.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Rang seat uk cs as local dealer for vag, fiat etc had gone out of business.

They said that my my 2014 was not affected. What my were you monopoly and Nokia uk?

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Mine was an early my 2014 purchased Oct 2013

Sounds like someone lost the torque wrench after building a thousand or two

Last edited:

monopoly

May 22, 2015
Hi all,

Watch out - I'm back on the road...with a new cylinder head! Done about 50 miles since collecting it and seems to be running very well now, although I'm going easy on it while it settles in.

Thanks for the advice and support - hopefully I was just unlucky and not too many people will get caught by the same issue. I still love the car and it's nice to have it back. :)

I'm under warranty until June 2017 so that gives me some peace of mind but I'd be lying if I said such a major failure hasn't knocked my confidence in the car a bit. If it proves reliable through the rest of the warranty period then I'm sure I'll learn to trust it again, otherwise I can't see me keeping it much after warranty expires, which is a shame.

The most reliable car I ever owned was an Alfa - go figure!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.