Atmospheric Dump Valve (Wooshy Wooshy)

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Anyone who's after the infamous wooshy wooshy sound from their recic dump valves should try this....

1x Ripspeed Universal Air Filter (772756) - Fits straight on to the MAF so no messing around. £27 (Halfords)

1x Bailey DV30 Recirc Dump Valve £80-90

And obviously a remap will help.

This combo gives an extremely loud woosh. I personally find the woosh far to loud and am reverting back to my BMC CDA. But for those craving the loud woosh, this setup is perfect.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Agreed...(I have an open cone filter and the 007P)

This type of open cone filter makes a loud noise with the Forge 007P aswell, naturally the BV30 will be louder as stated above.....

Mike

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Havok316 said:
plus its not a good idea having an open cone sucking in HOT air from the engine bay ragardless of having a heat shield!!

Obviously.... I mearly put this up because at least twice a week we are asked the same questions about getting a wooshy noise. And the parts i've listed are tried and tested at creating a stupidly loud DV noise. I don't run it myself, and never will.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Beaker™ said:
Obviously.... I mearly put this up because at least twice a week we are asked the same questions about getting a wooshy noise. And the parts i've listed are tried and tested at creating a stupidly loud DV noise. I don't run it myself, and never will.

Yea, didnt mean to sound sarky or nuttin. My mate has the forge 007 on his leon cupra R with a closed induction kit and the vent does sound very nice! makes the chavs brick it lol

Ibiza Cupra

Well i'm not a chav but i do like the noise of a turbo and a nice dump valve woosh. I've fitted a Pipercross induction kit from a 1.4 16v corsa and this makes the standard dump valve make a loud noise. Not sure wot boost i'm runnin but i am quite sure it's bin remapped. I speant a bit of time modifying the induction kit yesterday in the rain, looks really good now. Plus i have 2 cold air feeds, 1 coming from behind the front grill and 1 coming from under the bumper and up past the battery using my cold air feed pipe from my 106 which the angle was perfect for going around the battery!!!!!

All i used was a drill, hack saw and some zip ties!!!!! Might post pics when i get some black cable ties.

This sounds like a cow-boy mod but it looks really good!!! And has cost me sweet FA!!!!

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Well i'm not a chav but i do like the noise of a turbo and a nice dump valve woosh. I've fitted a Pipercross induction kit from a 1.4 16v corsa and this makes the standard dump valve make a loud noise. Not sure wot boost i'm runnin but i am quite sure it's bin remapped. I speant a bit of time modifying the induction kit yesterday in the rain, looks really good now. Plus i have 2 cold air feeds, 1 coming from behind the front grill and 1 coming from under the bumper and up past the battery using my cold air feed pipe from my 106 which the angle was perfect for going around the battery!!!!!

All i used was a drill, hack saw and some zip ties!!!!! Might post pics when i get some black cable ties.

This sounds like a cow-boy mod but it looks really good!!! And has cost me sweet FA!!!!

Pics?

Ibiza Cupra

Cos Baily are the ATMOSPHERIC / RS TURBO KING!!!! LOL, I have no idea, Probably the internals or summit.

OR i think this was just the combination he used.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Anyone who's after the infamous wooshy wooshy sound from their recic dump valves should try this....

1x Ripspeed Universal Air Filter (772756) - Fits straight on to the MAF so no messing around. £27 (Halfords)

1x Bailey DV30 Recirc Dump Valve £80-90

And obviously a remap will help.

This combo gives an extremely loud woosh. I personally find the woosh far to loud and am reverting back to my BMC CDA. But for those craving the loud woosh, this setup is perfect.

Do you not find the BMC CDA loud?

Ibiza Cupra

Have no idea. I think this was just the setup he was using and found it to be very loud!!!

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Baileys is slightlly louder... why I dunno, but whereas the Forge can be fitted either way round, the baileys HAS to be fitted the same as the OEM valve... so must be internals...

Mike

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Baileys is slightlly louder... why I dunno, but whereas the Forge can be fitted either way round, the baileys HAS to be fitted the same as the OEM valve... so must be internals...

Mike

duno bout that m8 , my m8 been runing a dv30 for 11months reversed n no probs.............................

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Yeah my BMC CDA is very loud, nice deep roar and makes the DV quite loud too :) Just wanted to try an open cone setup but found that the DV was far too loud (chav loud). And i didnt get the nice deep roar i get with my BMC CDA. So ditched the open cone after 1 drive up the road! lol.

Unsure as to why my DV30 is louder than the 007p, internals both look very similar TBH. I have tried my DV30 the other way around, works fine and makes exactly the same noises.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Yeah my BMC CDA is very loud, nice deep roar and makes the DV quite loud too :) Just wanted to try an open cone setup but found that the DV was far too loud (chav loud). And i didnt get the nice deep roar i get with my BMC CDA. So ditched the open cone after 1 drive up the road! lol.

Unsure as to why my DV30 is louder than the 007p, internals both look very similar TBH. I have tried my DV30 the other way around, works fine and makes exactly the same noises.

Wicked! I have just had my Forge 007P Serviced and it makes SUCH a difference ;)