AUM Engine?

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
Am i correct in thinking the above is the 20vt lump used in Golfs or if not what cars use that lump.

Also does the 180 bhp lump use the same rods and pistons etc as the 210 and 225 bhp lumps?

Cheers :clap:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the 180bhp lump is identical to the 150bhp lump in some of the GTIs (and the 180bhp anni's i think)

pretty sure the internals are not the same, CR is different i think? but doesnt mean its any less reliable for big power

Last edited:

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
APP in 2000 only models of LC. AUQ in 2001> 180bhp LC. Golf uses AUG for 150bhp. not sure about the code when the golf changed to 180 for the anniversary model.

rideonracing

Peter McCormick
Aug 3, 2009
Fife, Scotland
aum and bam engine

hi iv got a leon cupra r and iv recently melted a hole in the piston of my bam engine and iv jst bot a new aum engine block, (jst bottom end and cylinder head) if i was to fit the ko4turbo, ecu and injectors of my old bam engine, would i still get the 225bhp? i could use any part of my old bam engine as its only the bottom end that is goosed..

PLEASE HELLP!!!!

pekingprawn

Throbbing Member
Oct 24, 2008
I run an AUM bottom end on my k04 golf and its weaker than a BAM bottom end apparently, but good for 280hp and but more than 290lb ft of torque. I'm running 1.33 bar overboost spike and 1.1 bar (roughly) held to redline so i'm just within the safe limit, but it's a grey area as not many AUMs have run k04's. Theres a chap on uk-mkivs that blew his bottom end running a k04 at boost pressures just a little over mine.

Strongest bottom end to use would be the AGU or any of the 225 bottom ends if you have the option of a new one.

Keep me posted, would like to see where and how much you get your bottom end from / for

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I run an AUM bottom end on my k04 golf and its weaker than a BAM bottom end apparently, but good for 280hp and but more than 290lb ft of torque. I'm running 1.33 bar overboost spike and 1.1 bar (roughly) held to redline so i'm just within the safe limit, but it's a grey area as not many AUMs have run k04's. Theres a chap on uk-mkivs that blew his bottom end running a k04 at boost pressures just a little over mine.

Strongest bottom end to use would be the AGU or any of the 225 bottom ends if you have the option of a new one.

Keep me posted, would like to see where and how much you get your bottom end from / for

your logs shows >2550mb mr prawn on the other thread? :confused: