Auto Gauge boost gauge. How to wire up correctly!!!!

Roach

Sep 30, 2012
Somewhere up behind the fusebox dude, tie a rigid piece of plastic to the end of the pipe and get fingering the gaps for it! :lol:

Nick1967

Hi everyone, by the way great guide. Just wired up a second hand Auto gauge and nomad pillar as per the guide. Gauge works fine but have no illumination at all? Have extended the wires and used good quality tight bullet connecters, that are not pre insulated [You pull the clear covers over once there conected!] and used scotch locks on the wires in the back of the light block. but all to no avail!! What does anybody reckon? Check the wiring again and if no joy, faulty Gauge? Thanks in advance! Nick

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye
Confused :whistle:

Where do you connect the hose to guys? See loads of people connecting to the FPR but correct me if I am wrong but doesnt that just show fuel pressure, Not actual boost pressure?

Also if you connect to the top of the DV this pipe only uses pressure to open the DV so again doesnt show actual boost pressure?

This is really confusing me so any help would be great

Makam pete

Nov 26, 2009
Blackburn
Help! Tried wiring my pro sport boost using this guide om mh lcr and it stays lit up permanently :( it has red for + black for earth and orange for 12v lighting by instr.Please if anyone can help at wits end lol

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Read through all of this thread and the guide by Pads. I'm pretty sure I understand everything and have just bought an Autogauge, so was going to have a bash once I've got the Nomad A Pillar.

Only thing I don't get, and I'm probably being stupid here, is where you route the vac hose once you've found it under the dash...in all the pictures of people's gauges I can't see the hose. Where does it go?

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave_Cupra88

Jan 30, 2012
Same question goes for the wires as well actually. Where do they get routed one you've connected them to the back of the switch block?

Mutch193

I have my wires all correct and the vac line into the cab and engine bay. I connected the t piece to a vac line and then run it. Nothing happened

Can someone put a picture up of the vac line I need to run it on

Btw I have 2002 seat Leon tdi 110

Please help as can't offord to cut anymore pipes

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Hi everyone,
Sorry to dig up such anold thread but I figured since I was using this guide it was suitable,

I fitted my boost gauge and when I dim the dash lights, the lights on the gauge got brighter, when the dash lights are at full brightness, the gauge is dimmed.
Does anyone know where I've gone wrong?
Thanks in advance :)
Keith

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Where are people getting the wire to extend from the gauge. Its 20awg and for the life of me I cannot find anywhere that sells it in the relevant colours

bazrazmataz

Jun 12, 2014
Doesn't have to be the same colour I just used to decent quality speaker wire soldered it and labelled it up

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I'm reviving this thread yet again! I have bought two Autometer Phantom gauges (boost and oil temp) and I'm going to give it a good go. I'm a complete novice, any tips?

Also, I STILL dont know where to fir the T piece FPR or DV. Its such a mixed opinion, the actual sticky faq on how to install says "After numerous conversations with members of SCN, I decided that the best place for me to route my hose to was the top of the DV." So what is it?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.