Average fuel consumption.....

minxycov

Bought new cupra on tuesday last week....and have so far put over 40 quid of petrol in it....and it's now half full....now i knew when i bought it it would eat petrol like a fat person eats mcdonalds but this seems pretty silly.... :(

It's currently reading about 8 mpg ... rang seat cos it's going in to have stereo replaced on wednesday - and asked them he said it sounded about normal..... had a 1.6 GT until last week - and i could get to work each day of the week and visit my bloke in nottingham at weekends for 20 quid...

What kind of average miles are people getting out of their cupras? (IF it really is that bad i may chop it in for the diesel :confused:

minxycov

Can't believe the bloke at Seat said it was normal :cry: i know someone who has a ferrari with a petrol leak and that does 7mpg - but thats to be expected....

It's not even like i'm putting my foot down as want to get used to the car before i do that :(

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
In only real extreme circumstances should you see 8mpg. Got that out of the 911 but like you said a Ferrari with a fuel leak is doing the same. Flick the SEAT guy in the eye and have a go at him when ya take it back

gazjones

ive got an fr petrol with revo and with what i would call quick driving i get about 250 miles out of a tank. driving really slow this week and average of 40 to the gallon there is something up if its saying 8mpg mine does 7.2 at 6,200 rpm!

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
What does it show when u press the reset button very quickly when showing the average mpg on the computer. This is the totall since last reset. I usually get 34 from my FR with a mix of driving and over 40 if all motorway. 8 is just totally wrong!

mr_claypole

may the farce be with you
i've got a petrol cupra, and i never really get much more than about 24mpg out of it round town, which is the only driving i'm doing at the moment. never seen it much north of 30mpg either... but that could be my right foot.

if you're getting 8mpg.. there is something very wrong.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
id ask a local vagcommer to take a peek at it , things like dodgy MAFs etc cause mpg loss , worth a try ,

most people would do it for a few beer tokens or at most a quick:w4nk:

or is just as simple as the lady riding the clutch .......heels can be a killer

i will go now

EDIT , just noticed its brand new ......still check it

minxycov

It's already booked in for wednesday and they said they'd have a look at it :)

minxycov

My brother is doing law at uni ...so if they say anything i'll get my free legal advice ;)

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
minxycov said:
My brother is doing law at uni ...so if they say anything i'll get my free legal advice ;)
You will have a 3 year warranty on it anyway, so I would just keep bugging them! Is it possible the computer is faulty?

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
I love my petty cupra, unfortunately it loves petrol....alot.

I put in £35 worth of petrol in giving me 230 miles on the gauge. Done a 70 miles round trip (quite quickly) and was left with 100 miles left on the gauge. Yes my remap doesn't help but this is a regular thing for me if i drive around like a nutcase. I'm saying that the petty cupras are very thirsty and i am starting to wish i had bought the diesel instead but for the moment i'm having way too much fun....expensively!!

I'm guessing as yours is a new car though you wouldn't have been flooring it just yet which is all the more reason that 8mpg is crazy. Definate prob there.

RPCUPRA

Hi ya, i have one of these, my computer tells me im doing about 30 - 31 mpg the majority of the time, if i put my foot down it will drop to about 26 - 27 mpg. I am probable getting about 250 miles out of a tank which i dont think is to bad. I used to have the Clio 182 and there isnt much difference between the two on petrol. try resetting the trip computer it might put it right.

minxycov

I reset it today....and still gettin round 12mpg

have been to work and back twice and to tescos last night.....and it's taken 1/4 tank of petrol :cry: live probably less than 5 miles straight run to work :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.