AVIC F900BT system fitted by Seat Dealer- Opinions please !

Deleted member 35811

Hi All,

I picked up my Cupra today today - from Hobbins. They fitted the Pioneer Sat Nav with a reverse camera for me.

What do you guys think of how they have fit it? Surely it should not stick of the dash that far?

001-1.jpg

I think it looks awful !! [:@]

Opinions please - and if anyone can point out where they have gone wrong and how to put it right, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I've been reading around on double din units as I plan on buying one, apparently if you neaten the cables at the back of it a bit, there should be some more space for it to mount in flush.. Somebody might come and correct me though.

jdearden

Think you'll find that even on pioneer's website it sticks out...just been on there looking for a new headunit and it had pics and it stuck out on those, it is supposed to be like that

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
They used the wrong panel! At least I think, don't now if the panel I used is available for RHD cars.

Should have used this one:
02012009262.jpg

The one they used with yours is the one for the VAG original nav system like the RNS510.
You can see it's shape which was then filled with a VW sourced double din insert.
This second insert sticks out also which makes the effect worse.
My unit sticks out too but it's a flipout with detachable screen. The F900 is a fixed face unit so it should not stick out that much I think.

Deleted member 35811

They used the wrong panel! At least I think, don't now if the panel I used is available for RHD cars.

Should have used this one:
02012009262.jpg

The one they used with yours is the one for the VAG original nav system like the RNS510.
You can see it's shape which was then filled with a VW sourced double din insert.
This second insert sticks out also which makes the effect worse.
My unit sticks out too but it's a flipout with detachable screen. The F900 is a fixed face unit so it should not stick out that much I think.

I thought that - you do't know the part code for your type of surround do you?

Mr Diet - on here has a F900Bt fitting in his with the same surround - I thought it looked different :confused:

Deleted member 35811

Here's the pic in question:

Image032-1.jpg

Anyone know the part number?

isamion

Part Number is : 1P2858063N87
Costs around £8 from Seremotors on this forum

jdearden

You talking about the dash coloured surround that replaces the whole oem radio unit? if so then i've seen it for sale on a few car audio websites but comes as a set with the double din cage and wiring/mounting kit etc

Deleted member 35811

Apparently - they have glued the black surround in the dash part, so to replace it means replacing the dash part as i'm told the black surround (which they have cut to fit the unit in) won't come out clean.
So - yes, I suspect I need the dash surround part and not just the black surround - if that makes sense :think:

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
The dash coloured surround is a seat original part. But be aware that, at least here in the Netherlands, there are 2 versions. Grey and light grey which can be identified by the N87 number at the end of the part number.
For the double din surround you shouldn't need the black part. The black part is for VW cars where all the radio's have the shape of the RNS510.
For Seat I'd use the real double din fascia. So you don't have an extra colour in the dash & it won't stick out as much.

isamion

A few weeks ago I ordered Part Number 1P2858063N87 from David at SERE.
I got the same silver surround as shown in the pic in post #9.
If you give him your VIN number when ordering you will get the correct colour for your dash.

Last edited by a moderator:

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Hi All,

I picked up my Cupra today today - from Hobbins. They fitted the Pioneer Sat Nav with a reverse camera for me.

What do you guys think of how they have fit it? Surely it should not stick of the dash that far?

001-1.jpg

I think it looks awful !! [:@]

Opinions please - and if anyone can point out where they have gone wrong and how to put it right, it would be much appreciated.

How much for the camera to be fitted :) where is it and what does it look like pls

Deleted member 35811

How much for the camera to be fitted :) where is it and what does it look like pls

The Pioneer ND-BC20PA Reverse Camera with Park Assist - I got a friend in the U.S to buy it over there and send it over. Over here in the U.K, they want £350-400 for it - in the U.S, Its £200-230.
It links perfectly with the Pioneer Sat Nav - just put the car in reverse and the screen changes to the view from the camera - which also gives you guide line (a parking grid.) Take it out of reverse - it turns off and continues on what you had it on before.

The car is booked in for someone to look at re-fitting the system tomorrow morning at Racetech. When I get it back, i'll take some photo's of how they mounted it, etc....

As for fitting cost - because I had other work done, including fitting the Pioneer Sat Nav, they did not break it down the labour costs - so I can't tell you exactly.

1p2858071a

that number is for the Sat Nav surround. the internal opening has rounded edges, just like the first picture. it is the WRONG number for a HU that has squared edges.

There are TWO types of Surrounds one for Sat Nav rounded edges, one for aftermarket HU with Square. my guess the dealer put in the wrong one.

EKTA:

hu1.jpg

hu2.jpg

David @ SERE should be able to put you right with the correct one and get this sorted for you.

Hope this helps.

Deleted member 35811

that number is for the Sat Nav surround. the internal opening has rounded edges, just like the first picture. it is the WRONG number for a HU that has squared edges.

There are TWO types of Surrounds one for Sat Nav rounded edges, one for aftermarket HU with Square. my guess the dealer put in the wrong one.

EKTA:

hu1.jpg

hu2.jpg

David @ SERE should be able to put you right with the correct one and get this sorted for you.

Hope this helps.

I would contact Sere - if time was'nt an issue - but as I've got the car booked in tomorrow - there's a place about 10miles away I can go and pick the part up today. Its just knowing which is the right part number to ask for.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise