AVIC F900BT system fitted by Seat Dealer- Opinions please !

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
with the first surround it can sit flush but you have to cut the cables to remove the clutter and it will go all the way back and sit flush and looks pretty oem also with the red lights

Deleted member 35811

They had actually trimed the inside of the black rim of the first suround to fit the unit in - and for the sake of £8.00 for a new correct surround - it was worth it.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
I love the welcome message on the screen for Donna's benefit:lol:

It's great to know where she lies in your peckin' order!

Car
Dog/Cat??
Golf Club
Computer
Wife :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

;):p;)

Phobia

I also got 900BT fitted, and it also doesn't fit quite right:

I'm not allowed to post images yet due to post count, but see:

tyyni.com/imgs/dash1.jpg
tyyni.com/imgs/dash2.jpg

(note: you need to add www)

Like you see on the dash2.jpg, it pushes out quite a lot. But the main problem is that the frame doesn't fit well at all, and the colour is wrong. My ICE-dealer who did the fittng already ordered a new frame, but it was still the same wrong color. Don't know where they did order it, nor is it a Seat part or some 3rd party part.

Anybody has any idea what is wrong? Is that color for some old leon edition? Mine is '09 Ecomotive. I also though about getting aluminium dash trim kit to solve this problem (and it looks quite nice), but does the Seat have then available for aftermarket double-din stereo + climatronic? If so, does anyone know the part numbers for left-hand-drive car?

Thanks for helping me in advance!

Ps, sorry for the dust in pictures, it was bright sunny day and these pictures weren't ment to promote the coolness of my dash installations but the present the problem :)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
001-1.jpg

SatNav.jpg

£10 well spent mate, nice one :clap:

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
I also got 900BT fitted, and it also doesn't fit quite right:

I'm not allowed to post images yet due to post count, but see:

tyyni.com/imgs/dash1.jpg
tyyni.com/imgs/dash2.jpg

(note: you need to add www)

Like you see on the dash2.jpg, it pushes out quite a lot. But the main problem is that the frame doesn't fit well at all, and the colour is wrong. My ICE-dealer who did the fittng already ordered a new frame, but it was still the same wrong color. Don't know where they did order it, nor is it a Seat part or some 3rd party part.

Anybody has any idea what is wrong? Is that color for some old leon edition? Mine is '09 Ecomotive. I also though about getting aluminium dash trim kit to solve this problem (and it looks quite nice), but does the Seat have then available for aftermarket double-din stereo + climatronic? If so, does anyone know the part numbers for left-hand-drive car?

Thanks for helping me in advance!

Ps, sorry for the dust in pictures, it was bright sunny day and these pictures weren't ment to promote the coolness of my dash installations but the present the problem :)

If you give me your vin/chassis number VSSZZZ1PZ . . . . . I can look up proper lhd part number for you :)

Phobia

Thanks! This information is going to be really helpful!

How about the other question, is there aluminium dash kit also available for that setup?

Phobia

Not with 2-din as far as I know.
All accessories for sale are chosen by the importer for your country so I can only check UK

That's ashame, I think the aluminium one would look good.

Ahwell, the most important thing is to get the color to match - I believe my ICE-dealer is using some 3rd party facias and that greener one is probably older trim code than my N87.
It seemed to be the only leon p1 facia on my ICE Dealers catalog but it's good to know that one can get a proper VAG-part.

Phobia

One more question, how many of those 3B0867190 clips are actually needed?

Or is that part number for the neccessary set?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Part number is per single clip.
Im interested in the answer too - I believe some head units are a snug enough fit that everything sits perfectly without facia clips, whereas other hu's need a bit more persuasion . . . . .

Deleted member 35811

One more question, how many of those 3B0867190 clips are actually needed?

Or is that part number for the neccessary set?

I ordered 6 with my fascia, on the advice of the parts guy - but I never got told how many they actually used.

Phobia

I ordered 6 with my fascia, on the advice of the parts guy - but I never got told how many they actually used.

Ok, thanks for the info, I'll pick 6 too just in case with the facia.

Hope to get my nav installation finished after the weekend.

Btw, my pioneer reboots itself when I open or close the window, when not having the ignition on.

Is this normal Seat behaviour or did they screw up something when installing the new speaker set to the door?

Deleted member 35811

That does'nt happen with me - perhaps theres a crossed wire somewhere ??

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands

I believe you need 9. But I used only 5 because those clips are a paint to release if that is necessary.

3 along the top and 2 in the lower edges. Fits snug and firm. Yet you'll still be able to get it out without breaking your fingers.

n_olympios

greek member
The nav unit (RNS510) surround needs 9, but as said it's not easy to pull them out.

My HU may not be a Pioneer, but it too has lots of wires behind it; although it wasn't easy, it now sits pretty much flush with the dash, and that's using the nav unit surround.

The trick is to remove the air con panel so you have more space to work, put the HU in place then route its wires to the side (there's space to the side of the glovebox). :)

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Folks with F900bt,

Im looking at the cheaper F700bt and was hoping for some feedback on the unit (which look amazing BTW) - i think they are same apart from DVD capability;

I do not have factory Bluetooth, does the CAN Bus leads allow for all steering wheel controls to work (i.e. volume, skip track, select input type etc)?

Is there an external mic for the Bluetooth? Where have you located?

How does the sound quality compare with standard HUnit? (im running stock speakers which i think are aw right)

Does the SD card allow for high capacity types to be used (8-32gig)?

Does the Ipod cable allow for full Ipod control on the unit?

Does the USB input allow for a USB powered HDrive to be used? I recently got a 500gig effort for less than 80 notes, would be sweet to stick this in the glove box and ditch all my cd's for good...

Could you provide a quick overview of the sat nav functionality... go on go on...

Finally, im a tube, would you recommend prof instal or suck it and see myself? Any place near Glasgow area???

Im still half alseep so sorry for many many typos and list of questions, the unit does look so good however!

thanks for yer help...

D

Deleted member 35811

Folks with F900bt,

Im looking at the cheaper F700bt and was hoping for some feedback on the unit (which look amazing BTW) - i think they are same apart from DVD capability;

I do not have factory Bluetooth, does the CAN Bus leads allow for all steering wheel controls to work (i.e. volume, skip track, select input type etc)?

Is there an external mic for the Bluetooth? Where have you located?

How does the sound quality compare with standard HUnit? (im running stock speakers which i think are aw right)

Does the SD card allow for high capacity types to be used (8-32gig)?

Does the Ipod cable allow for full Ipod control on the unit?

Does the USB input allow for a USB powered HDrive to be used? I recently got a 500gig effort for less than 80 notes, would be sweet to stick this in the glove box and ditch all my cd's for good...

Could you provide a quick overview of the sat nav functionality... go on go on...

Finally, im a tube, would you recommend prof instal or suck it and see myself? Any place near Glasgow area???

Im still half alseep so sorry for many many typos and list of questions, the unit does look so good however!

thanks for yer help...

D

Yes - you can get a CanBus adaptor for your steering controls for Volume/skip FFr etc..... works O.K - just beeps every press.

The Bluetooth Mic - I've put mine on the Driver Window card 'thingy' works fine for me. Its a bit plastic - I might change it for a better one at a later stage.

I dont have the IPod Connection - useless for me as all music is now on SD.

I've used a 8gb SD card with no problems - I dont have anything bigger as yet.

There is only one usb connection port - (mine is in the glovebox) the exturnal hard drive I have uses 2 usb connections - I dont know if this is the same with them all not. But I've never tried it - good idea in principle though !!

I actually like the satnav and find it pretty accurate as well as fast. Speed Camera database isnt bad though the warning are a bit of a pain - though I have not had chance to play with these as yet.

I had mine fitted - as I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Hope that helps.......

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.