Bad Results At JKM Rolling road - Any ideas why ?

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
Got Very Bad rr results only got 230bhp

car was running perfectly air to fuel wise

have no idea why it was so bad

a standard mapped lcr got 240bhp on tthe run before

my mods are

Seat Cupra R 225

APR Stage 2 Remap + 4 Programs (standard 225 ,95Ron,99ron,Valet) +Throttle Body Alignment, Fault Code Erase

Cruise Control

Hybrid K04

Forge Actuator

Quaife ATB Differential

APR 3” Decat

Miltek 2.75 Cat Back

Boost Gauge

Large Port Intake Manifold

Forge FMIC

Forge 007P

BMC Induction Kit

Increased MAF Housing

anyone got any ideas the car drives perfect and is getting good mpg

my boost gauge is also telling me that im getting good boost

holding 1.6bar to the redline in 2nd

3rd plus holding 1.8-1.9 bar to the redline

my boost gauge is idiling at -0.8

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
That's a lot of boost to be running to the redline, are you sure?

What logging & adjustments have you done to make sure the map is right for the turbo?

Oversized MAF? Is it not now underreading a little?

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
result from today

DSC00897.jpg

previous time on rr

rr.jpg

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
i dont know if the boost gauge is accurate or not but it goes to 0 when turned off idles at the correct figure
and on my 225 map holds exactly 1.0 bar to the redline

the mapping was done by the previous owner who got it done at awesome gti with apr software

also thanks about the brake light

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Post up a vagcom log of channel 003 (airmass flow).
That is crazy boost to run to the red line, have your rods been upgraded. Other than a shot MAFF my bet is due to such high boost on a crappy stock exhaust manifold your exhaust gas temps are too high and the ecu is retarding injector duty cycle to cool things down. Log channel 112 also for us to see exhaust gas temps. All logs from 2500-6500 rpm.

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
internals are standard
i did think maf but my mpg hasnt changed
i dont have acess to vagcom :-(

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
im going to go jkm next week and get them to check over the engine and do logs

im not sure if the previous owner got the car remapped again after the equal length manifold cracked and was removed

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
im going to go jkm next week and get them to check over the engine and do logs

im not sure if the previous owner got the car remapped again after the equal length manifold cracked and was removed
I doubt he did or else he would have posted it.
I think he upgraded to a forge actuator which sounds like it has too much tension on it. He may also have dialled extra boost requests into the ecu via Vtune which is a performance program made by APR. Once its sorted your car will drive very well.:)

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
The APR Stage 2 maps are off the shelf. They did an astronomical amount of R&R on Awesome's LCR, so much so that they don't bother tweaking the map on the rollers. They are 100% confident that with set mods it will make set HP/torque (dependent on the mods of course).

My point is that they probably didn't remap it after the manifold change..

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Heard good and bad things about the modshack maf housing, did you fit the 4bar fpr like they recommened because if not that can cause running problems.

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
not sure f the 4bar fpr fitted in the right way what way should it be ?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I run the same software as you with the oversized maff and 4 bar pressure reg with very good results. This is not the cause of your problems but i would run a stockmaff just to prove it.
I'm not a fan of the BMC intake on modified cars as it can't achieve the airflow required up the rev range.This was proven by AMD on thier dyno when a customer had similar issues of not making expected power. Sie used to run a big enclosed filter with dual air feeds. A decent air filter is Jetex,log onto thier website and take a look, i think mine is the FC-8001 model (410bhp rated-£47.02).This WILL increase your power.

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
ive got rid of the bmc and have a large pipercross with a neck of 3" so has good air flow

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
if your afr is ok and you're running that amount of boost (and its accurate) I would've thought the only things that could bring power down is timing and pumping losses on the small turbo

your torque is unbelievably low and maybe a bit later than i would expect

did jkm tell you what your afr was and how did they monitor it?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members