Bad sounds after fitting in eibach springs

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I fitted eibach springs and new superpro top mounts to my seat Leon Cupra st 2019 earlier this week.
For some reason I have a creaking sound coming from the front left shock when turning the wheel.
I have been able to visually confirm that the creaking is caused by the spring is "sticking" and then "jumping".
The question is why it's doing it?
Right side is fine, it's only the left thats doing it.
I've disassembled the entire shock assembly to double check everything and it seems to be fine.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated because I really don't want a 2019 that makes creaking sounds when turning the wheel...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I fitted eibach springs and new superpro top mounts to my seat Leon Cupra st 2019 earlier this week.
For some reason I have a creaking sound coming from the front left shock when turning the wheel.
I have been able to visually confirm that the creaking is caused by the spring is "sticking" and then "jumping".
The question is why it's doing it?
Right side is fine, it's only the left thats doing it.
I've disassembled the entire shock assembly to double check everything and it seems to be fine.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated because I really don't want a 2019 that makes creaking sounds when turning the wheel...
I’ll send you a PM :)

Mar 28, 2021
Sweden / Poland
Hey,
I bought my cupra st 300 2019 with Eibach lowering springs already installed and have the same strange noise while moving steering wheel when car is standing. Like top mount or springs moving and give that noise ... any advices or tips ? Maby those where wrong installed ?

Thanks

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hey,
I bought my cupra st 300 2019 with Eibach lowering springs already installed and have the same strange noise while moving steering wheel when car is standing. Like top mount or springs moving and give that noise ... any advices or tips ? Maby those where wrong installed ?

Thanks
Possible issues:

1) Installed incorrectly, not an expert by any means, but I understand its a challenge to tighten the central nut without the right equipment.

2) Top mounts may need replacing, when I had my Eibachs fitted I had funny noises with the springs 'boinging' at the front. Was told coudl be a number of things but a likely culprit was the top mounts. THe only ting against that was the age of my car (less than 10,000 miles/12 months).

3) Are camber plates installed as well? In my case it was the springs catching on the sealant under the car. I had a big blob of it that was catching the spring. This was shaved down and the noise was solved.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise