Barmy Army 2010

<OWEN>

no smoke, no poke
Oct 16, 2007
york
who's car will be first to bog down this year then? think it was lee last year trying to avoiding that puddle was it not?

Last edited:

jonboy1066

Feb 28, 2010
Weather forecast for this this weekend...... SEVERE........ Snow / Sleat/ Rain..........

Perfect for camping I say ! :wtf:

I'm reasonably new to SCN (<1 Month) but a regular at BTCC events, so have seen the SBA at Thruxton and been camped next to you all.

Gonna be a bit of a lightweight and wait to see what the weather's gonna be doin before deciding if we'll be going to Thruxton as I'll have a wifey and 2 kids in tow, but if I don't go to Thrukky, I'll defo be going to a few events this year and will call in to say hi.

1 Question....is it compulsory to support the YRC Drivers in the Clio Cup? I'm a mate of Rob Gaffney's so he gets my support in that series.

Especially after his fauxpas at Snetterton last week on media day LOL

A week Before @ Brands....

Gafferstestingbrands001.jpg

After....@ Snetterton

Oops3.jpg

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
I've got/am getting tickets for every round this year - Thruxton and Rockingham tickets are here already, and time booked off work for Croft, Knockhill and Oulton Park so yeah, even if I am a traitor to the SEAT cause, at least it's still VAG :)

Are the non-campers meeting at Fleet or in the same place as last year again going to Thruxton? Got a pass for car-park A with my ticket as well

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I'm reasonably new to SCN (<1 Month) but a regular at BTCC events, so have seen the SBA at Thruxton and been camped next to you all.

Gonna be a bit of a lightweight and wait to see what the weather's gonna be doin before deciding if we'll be going to Thruxton as I'll have a wifey and 2 kids in tow, but if I don't go to Thrukky, I'll defo be going to a few events this year and will call in to say hi.

1 Question....is it compulsory to support the YRC Drivers in the Clio Cup? I'm a mate of Rob Gaffney's so he gets my support in that series.

Especially after his fauxpas at Snetterton last week on media day LOL

Even though we are known throughout the World as the Seat Barmy Army, that is only how we all came to know each other..... We enjoy the racing and yes we have our favourites, but its a free for all. Funnily enough last year someone even supported Tom Chilton, dont think they are coming this year......!!!

Anyhows, always good to come and join us, especially if the heavens open, and you can take shelter in the many Gazeebos.....

jonboy1066

Feb 28, 2010
We enjoy the racing and yes we have our favourites, but its a free for all. Funnily enough last year someone even supported Tom Chilton, dont think they are coming this year......!!!

Anyhows, always good to come and join us, especially if the heavens open, and you can take shelter in the many Gazeebos.....

Thanks...yeah I feel the same, I am more interested in the racing and don't have a particular favorite.as long as Matt Squeal goes away having a bad weekend I'm happy for anyone to win :whistle:

My wife's a bit of a Chilton fan and I have to admit I'm always happy to see him do well...especially now his car has got Daddy Squeal rattled.

Thanks for the invitation of the shelter....think I'm going to miss Thruxton now but will surely be at some other events this year.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Funnily enough last year someone even supported Tom Chilton, dont think they are coming this year......!!!

She'll be there at Thruxton from Saturday! She still thinks it funny that we were all booing Chilton in Race two at Brands, and then cheering him on in race three! (to take points away from Gio!)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
She'll be there at Thruxton from Saturday! She still thinks it funny that we were all booing Chilton in Race two at Brands, and then cheering him on in race three! (to take points away from Gio!)

You must of been mistaken oh hairy one, i could never bring myself to cheer that fool..... You probably couldnt hear us anyway, because her lips were wrapped around your face most of the day. :whistle:

Anyhows, unfortuantly i wont be able to make it in the morning, so will be getting there mid to late afternoon. Gutted i know, i wanted to help you all set up camp, but guess im just going to arrive and assume the seated position...... Sorry !

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
You must of been mistaken oh hairy one, i could never bring myself to cheer that fool..... You probably couldnt hear us anyway, because her lips were wrapped around your face most of the day. :whistle:

Anyhows, unfortuantly i wont be able to make it in the morning, so will be getting there mid to late afternoon. Gutted i know, i wanted to help you all set up camp, but guess im just going to arrive and assume the seated position...... Sorry !

:censored::wtf:Your supposed to lead by example you fecking light weight ;)

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Have a safe journey one and all. We'll come and find you at some point on Saturday. I may have a spare Sunday ticket including paddock access available at the advance ticket price for any late takers. Wives, girlfriends or raw recruits all welcome ;)

strensall

May 14, 2005
YORK
Just setting off see you all in about 4 hrs got plenty of pacamacs packed (owen's driving so I can have a few on the way to catch up)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members