Battery Drain

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Looking for some help with my MK1 Tolly. The car is draining current at 0.50A, will this be enough to drain the batt over a couple of days ?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Depends on the capacity of the battery you have - to be obvious :). I'd guess that the standard battery for your car is about 50 Amp-hours (Ah) so it would theoretically last for 100 hours at 0.5 A - about four days. However it is likely to be too drained to start the car well before then. 0.5 A does seem like a high rate for a car with everything turned off.

chuckie888

You have probably replcaed the original stereo with an aftermarket one without modifying the connection. OEM stereos have a built in circuit which won't cause a parasitic drain even though there is a live feed to the stereo all the time. Aftermarket ones do not.

Just as a footnote, I was rear-ended a couple of weeks ago, the damage seemed non-existant, until i realised that my bumper had been pushed in about 1/4", the result was the little metal "finger" that pushed the boot light switch was just missing it, took one new car battery later to figure out my boot light was on constantly :/

br. ray

Have to agree, with others here. That's a drain on any battery so something may well be left on. My battery went flat over a long weekender away and discovered after jump charge that it was the rear interior light on! Couldn't really notice it from outside under the street lights, and as you know the interior lights stay on for some seconds after you close the doors.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise