battery keeps dying

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
hi

my battery keeps dying after the car has been stand still for more than 4 days.

i have changed the battery for a blue top optima from my previous car, this battery has never died on me before, but today is totally flat, when i sy totally, not even the interior lights come on

just to let you know, i have got some electrical issues with the car, o/s/r door does not lock and the boot lid light on the dash never goes off.

could this be the cause???

any help would be appreciated

regards

bash

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
check if the light in the boot stays on if you shut the tailgate. take the bulb out if it does and that could cure the battery going flat. sounds like you got a dodgy switch somewhere.
I think the switch for the boot light is in the lock. you could take the panel off the back and take a look at the wiring it may be something as simple as the plug has come off??

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
If the boot lid light shows "open" then the boot interior light will stay on. Both are driven off the same switch, in the tailgate lock mechanism.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
right guys, i have checked the boot light and it actually goes off when the tailgate is shut, so if there run of the same switch, how is this possible???

why is the light still on the dash to say the lid is open and the battery is still dying

should i take it for a vag com, will it show electricall issues????

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Last edited:

dirty

If you can thry get acces to an amp clamp, then pull the fuses it 1 by 1 and check it will lead you to the cause

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.