Battery Problems

BocanegraBradz

I have a 2010 Bocanegra, the one with the battery by the engine. recently it has been juddering when changing gear sometimes and the lights are going dim when turning the wheel, as if the power needed to turn the wheels is making the lights have a loss of power. also the radio turns on and off whilst driving which is really annoying! im putting this down to the battery, i took it into the local dealership and they put it down to the battery terminal connecter needed tightening but it has just got progressively worse since then and now struggles to tick over when starting. has anything like this happened before to anyone? i started a new thread because of the nature of the topic! any help would be highly appreciated!!

samb0

Think I maybe have the same problem,
My car judders also when changing gear and the lights dim when steering.
Can you hear a sort of rattle with the windows open when changing down gears to a stop?
I also got a traction control light and tire pressure light pop up at the same time :confused:
Going to take mine to a dealer and see what they say also.

Mr Scubatank

Oct 14, 2012
Crewe, Cheshire
Can you hear a sort of rattle with the windows open when changing down gears to a stop?
I also got a traction control light and tire pressure light pop up at the same time :confused:

I believe the rattle is quite common and perfectly 'normal' lol.
I think it mainly does it going down from 3rd to 2nd, there has been alot of talk about it on the VW and Skoda forums too.

BocanegraBradz

i took my battery off the car and charged it for 24 hours on a slow charge and that seems to have done the trick for now! give it a go!

samb0

I Was going to take my car to the dealer, but.. its stopped?

didn't drive it all last weekend and the rattles sort of sorted itself.

I can still hear it changing gear but not getting an annoying rattle like before :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.