Bbit of help regarding fuel tank and s3 pump

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Hi i have just received an email from the bloke that is putting me rollgage in and he said that he has had a litle misshap and burnt a whole in me fuel tank and set fire to the tank lol.

I was just wondering if the fuel pumps are in the tank, i think they are but not 100% as i have never actually looked, is it the screw in type under the black plate under the back seat?

If the pump is in the tank then no doubt it will be melted and useless just like the tank is, so my questions are:

Is the s3 pump a direct replacement or do you have to mod it to fit the tank?

Where is the best place for a tank, pump, sender unit and all the other stuff i might need.

Cheers Mark

alex_cupra09

now owner of mk3 cupra
Mar 12, 2009
Nantwich
Hi i have just received an email from the bloke that is putting me rollgage in and he said that he has had a litle misshap and burnt a whole in me fuel tank and set fire to the tank lol.

I was just wondering if the fuel pumps are in the tank, i think they are but not 100% as i have never actually looked, is it the screw in type under the black plate under the back seat?

If the pump is in the tank then no doubt it will be melted and useless just like the tank is, so my questions are:

Is the s3 pump a direct replacement or do you have to mod it to fit the tank?

Where is the best place for a tank, pump, sender unit and all the other stuff i might need.

Cheers Mark

hi mate yes they are under the black plate under the rear seats, not sure bout a s3 fuel pump but i no a tt and lcr fuel pump fit but u will need the injectors and the 4bar pressure regulator

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Cheers bud, it already has a s3 pump in it and different injectors and dta managment etc

Suppose i'll have to pull the pump out and see what its like when i get home then see what his craic is about repairing it for me,

alex_cupra09

now owner of mk3 cupra
Mar 12, 2009
Nantwich
Cheers bud, it already has a s3 pump in it and different injectors and dta managment etc

Suppose i'll have to pull the pump out and see what its like when i get home then see what his craic is about repairing it for me,

im pretty sure the s3 and tt fuel pumps are the same because the both use 225 engines but id double check

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Ye they probably are, i know its got a s3 pump in it so suppose they must fit the ibiza tank. Hopefully the pump and sender etc with be fine but it cant see it seens as though the tank was on fire and probably filled with powder, then again it might have emptied and been alight on the floor so might be ok internally? Guess i'l find out on the 10th when i'm home from work and go and see the state of it lol

Alps Pacino

Oct 30, 2008
Middlesbrough
Just looking at the pic's of them on ebay and it seems to be a big white "fuel supply unit" i'm guessing that the pump is just a normal metal pump that is in the white casing ? if so the pump will probably be salvagable (hopefully) but the unit itself will be a write off probably. I think he is going to get a shock when he see's the price of them lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.