Be Warned!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thirdly, sensible (the ability to make sense of something) parking across 2 bays and thus leaving at least half a bay either side so doors physically can't reach. This does not make sense to you?

And finally, you make out that the way some one parks is something to be proud of? This would leave people to believe you haven't achieved much in life #JustSaying...

No it does not make sense, what if eveyone took two spaces, car parks are small enough as it is, plus parking like you do would just encourage some folk to think "look at that twat" and bring unwanted attention to your car, like a trolley bash in the side. I am proud about everthing I do and that includes not parking inconsiderately.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
No such thing in the eyes of plod - that threat no mater how empty in your mind would have got you arrested if the other party had happened to be an off duty plod.
Or if person in said other car takes extreme offence at the slice & dice threat, happens to be a bit tasty and proceeds to tear you a new one. Or, worse , he actually has a weapon of some description and is quite prepared to use it.....

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Thirdly, sensible (the ability to make sense of something) parking across 2 bays and thus leaving at least half a bay either side so doors physically can't reach. This does not make sense to you?

I would think most people wouldn't view that approach to parking as sensible but see it as being extremely selfish.

I know where I live the local council take a dim view and issue parking tickets to cars that are parked in this way.

But what would I know, I'm probably a low achiever anyway, just saying!

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
I agree with the last four posts. Its just asking for trouble threatening to knife somebody and parking inconsiderately.

Last edited:

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Really feel for you, I've lost count of the many times I've coughed up £40 because of some git who doesn't care about other peoples property.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Just buy a cheap booster child seat put it in back of car and park in parent and toddler,, wider spaces ;)

Whip it in boot when not in use haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not go the whole hog and pinch some crutches off of the NHS (they have loads after all) then you could use the disabled bay's.............

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I've never had this happen. It was close to happening in my last car but I put the window down and said I knife the guy if his door touched my car. He quickly closed the door and drove to a different bay.

Since then I always take up 2 bays on a slight angle. I don't care what anyone says, usually if you ask them to repeat what they say the pipe down and walk away.

I work on the basis that about 90% of drivers don't give a **** about anything but them selves (not even there car) and are total idiots. X factor and I'm a celebrity viewing figures seem to back this up.

Surly by taking up two spaces YOU are the selfish one? Just saying like.

Plus if someone came at me with a knife they'd better be prepared to use it that's all I'll say :whistle:

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Surly by taking up two spaces YOU are the selfish one? Just saying like.

Plus if someone came at me with a knife they'd better be prepared to use it that's all I'll say :whistle:
How about of them kebab slicer thingys? :D or a spoon. Terrible injuries can be inflicted with spoons. That's why they don't give you metal ones on a plane any more. If someone said to me if I parked too close "I have a spoon and am prepared to use it" I'd be terrified. Honest! :D

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
try parking across two spaces in most car parks and you'll find a ticket, or worse a clamp, on your car when you return. pay for two bays or be prepared for the consequences :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
:lol:

Parked with my tyres on the dividing line between two spaces in a car park in Hertfordshire few years back and got a £40 fine. .:(

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
Exactly the same thing happened to my daughters car a couple of weeks ago, she works in a Retail Park and despite telling her to park well away from everybody else and to always park in an end space so that at least nobody can park on one side of you. Trouble was that she was part exing the car two days after this happened so we had no chance of getting it fixed before the change over, the Dealer was pretty good as we have put a lot of business their way over the years and they worked out a price based on an internal Dealership basis but it still cost her £180.

I am a bit obsessive when it comes to parking my car and would rather park way over in the corner out of the way even if the car park is nearly empty, like other people I can guarantee that when I come back there is nearly always some old banger parked next to me. My wife thinks I am mad but it's not her that has to deal with the potential damage that some a***hole has caused, I hate to think what it's cost me in time and money over the last 40 years or so to put right somebody else's damage to my cars.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
How about of them kebab slicer thingys? :D or a spoon. Terrible injuries can be inflicted with spoons. That's why they don't give you metal ones on a plane any more. If someone said to me if I parked too close "I have a spoon and am prepared to use it" I'd be terrified. Honest! :D

Bwa ha ha...got an image of being held at spoon point in my head now :D

Oh if they used one of them it would be proper criminal, they are designed for one thing and that's slicing me kebab meat off the foot. Not cutting me open lol

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
I'll have trouble sleeping tonight, I mean the stuff that kids carry nowadays I'll be worrying about being attacked with a flick spoon, or a teenage girl threatening me with a teaspoon.

Someone mentioned earlier about noting down reg plates and someone else replied it won't work. I had my car at work one day, private spaces, barrier entry, cctv and some fker did the same to one of my doors.
I spoke to security, rightly pissed off and asked if they could check the cctv. All the spaces are booked out to employees. They said no as it'd be breaking data protection and I'd have to contact police.
So I did and they did fek all, weren't interested.

There should be an easier means to claim against these ******'s because it happens too often and is negligent damage. I don't think there's an answer though unless everyone's car is covered by cameras

Bwa ha ha...got an image of being held at spoon point in my head now :D

Oh if they used one of them it would be proper criminal, they are designed for one thing and that's slicing me kebab meat off the foot. Not cutting me open lol

Slipps

Northern Sassenach
Jan 17, 2015
Durham
Well picked the car up today after a week in the bodyshop and now £300 lighter but absolutely over the moon with the result :)

I'm thinking if getting some cactus style door pads ;)

image.jpg1_zpsxbgzvzy9.jpg

image.jpg1_zpslfhhpnuh.jpg

Slipps

Northern Sassenach
Jan 17, 2015
Durham
£300 don't seem to bad car looks A1 but all the same I sure you would have been a lot happier with out that bill.

Too right I would but what's done is done so it was more about just fighting the right place to put it right and moving on ... and it's significantly cheaper than the first quote of £589!

They had a nightmare getting the colour match so had to call in a colourist but have to say the match is spot on, just glad to have it back :D

Last edited: