Beam Pattern with HID Kit

i dont have any pictures to upload but i can tell you there well easy to install and uninstall and create no damage what so ever.
ive had mine in for months i also had them in my old car when i come to this car i missed the brightness so much i had to reinstall them.
ive only recently taken my bumper off and hidden all the wires and ballasts behind the bumper just to neaten the bay up a bit.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
the beam pattern is not effected as that is to do with the lens on the head lamp not the bulb

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the beam pattern is not effected as that is to do with the lens on the head lamp not the bulb

right in principle but not strictly correct as halogen and gas disharge produce light in different ways the refelctor deals with the beam differently also usually scattering it as it's reflected off the wrong angles

projector lights will produce the correct beam pattern as the light is processed as it were but a standard rear reflector only will not

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Not sure about everyone elses kits but the ones i got were specifically for non projector lenses and the light pattern just looks the same as the standard bulbs and i have never been flashed by oncoming cars etc but the bulbs had a little metal case around them to combat the irregular scattering of light.

with my old corsa ( had projector lenses standard ) they just had normal h7 hid bulbs in without this metal casing, used to get a couple of people flashing a week, even though they were aligned properly :(

only damage you will incur is the 25mm holes in the backs of you light covers when you come to remove the hid kits. but you can buy 25mm grommets from halfords cheap and just silicone them in i guess?

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
I put some HIDs in at the weekend and got the H7r (which are meant to be for reflector lights) bulbs from HIDs4U. Pattern seems good and I haven't adjusted it either yet.

Was out most of Saturday night driving and no one flashed me.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I've got the HIDSDirect H7 kit I have from my old Corsa on mine...I just keep the level down a notch or two, never get stopped or pulled or anything...

st10587 always says to get them from the diana shop on ebay as there £35 so i thought id say before he does lol. i already owned mine before i knew that but i suggested them to my mate and for £35 you cant go wrong there a quality bit of kit so theres 3 people giving good feedback for them straight away.
try them you wont be dissapointed especially for the price.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I've got the 6000k kit from diana shop and its realy good. Never been flashed or pulled with them and the light is very white :)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
st10587 always says to get them from the diana shop on ebay as there £35 so i thought id say before he does lol. i already owned mine before i knew that but i suggested them to my mate and for £35 you cant go wrong there a quality bit of kit so theres 3 people giving good feedback for them straight away.
try them you wont be dissapointed especially for the price.

:D

enough said!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
6k:

S1030759.jpg

S1030754.jpg

S1030752.jpg

Photo0234.jpg

no blue to be seen here, as others have said when they first flash on they are dim for a second then brighten up and the blue tinge goes very qucikly, just until they get to their operating temperature.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
right in principle but not strictly correct as halogen and gas disharge produce light in different ways the refelctor deals with the beam differently also usually scattering it as it's reflected off the wrong angles

projector lights will produce the correct beam pattern as the light is processed as it were but a standard rear reflector only will not

Be careful with the cheap fleebay ones from china(bought from diana shop), i failed the NCT(irish verison of the MOT) as they said the focus was fine but the light pattern was not the best or not detected correctly, the computer picked this up and failed it, i put back in the halogen bulbs and it passed the retest!!

however i will be refitting a new set HID's, its like having 2 candles in front of the car with the halogen.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.