Beats Audio MK3 Leon vs SEAT Sound

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
First day with the car today, overall I am happy with the Beats system, it is certainly better than the system in the Ibiza.

The sub does seem "weak" though, the "volume" for the subwoofer in the menus appears to do nothing on my car. I asked my local dealer about this today and they said that they are preconfigured and only controlled via the Equaliser settings. I am not sure why there is a setting if it can't be controlled.

Can anyone with the Beats system on their car confirm this is the case?

While the system is running I can feel the sub vibrate (a bit) but it is far more subtle than I imagined it would be.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
First day with the car today, overall I am happy with the Beats system, it is certainly better than the system in the Ibiza.

The sub does seem "weak" though, the "volume" for the subwoofer in the menus appears to do nothing on my car. I asked my local dealer about this today and they said that they are preconfigured and only controlled via the Equaliser settings. I am not sure why there is a setting if it can't be controlled.

Can anyone with the Beats system on their car confirm this is the case?

While the system is running I can feel the sub vibrate (a bit) but it is far more subtle than I imagined it would be.

I'm surprised to hear you say that as BA is bass heavy.

Like seat sound I expect to be able to control the sound from the equalizer as well as the separate sub control.

Still not picked mine up yet - can you confirm that the sub in the boot is actually connected to cable?

ebed8d538191ab009e8b563f29cc9dc3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I'm surprised to hear you say that as BA is bass heavy.

Like seat sound I expect to be able to control the sound from the equalizer as well as the separate sub control.

Still not picked mine up yet - can you confirm that the sub in the boot is actually connected to cable?

ebed8d538191ab009e8b563f29cc9dc3.jpg

Yes, it is connected, that was the first thing I checked...

When do you pick yours up? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts when you do...

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
A correctly configured sub is always going to sound subtle... It is there to extend the frequency range, not to "be heard" ;)
My car has Seat sound system and in the beginning I set the sub to +2 but throigh time I lowered it to set at 0, and it works perfect there.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
A correctly configured sub is always going to sound subtle... It is there to extend the frequency range, not to "be heard" ;)
My car has Seat sound system and in the beginning I set the sub to +2 but throigh time I lowered it to set at 0, and it works perfect there.
That is my point though, the adjustment slider does nothing on my car, I was told by my dealer that it didn't change anything either on the Beats system or the SS one. What you are saying is that the slider does affect things on your car...

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
That is my point though, the adjustment slider does nothing on my car, I was told by my dealer that it didn't change anything either on the Beats system or the SS one. What you are saying is that the slider does affect things on your car...

Yeps - that subwoofer slider does affect.
I think it might be that on Seat Sound system the subwoofer is driven straight of the headunit and on Beats Audio, since there is an amp, they have set volumes and crossover points and don't want people to mess with those?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yes, it is connected, that was the first thing I checked...

When do you pick yours up? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts when you do...
Fair enough mate, no offense intended.
I always like to start with the obvious.

Unfortunately things have slowed right down for me.
After viewing it last week I've not heard a peep from dealership with regards to collection.

I did have a quick test when I took the photo last week but nothing extensive as I only had a radio source.

I'll definitely report back if I get the opportunity to collect mine in the next week.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have a sub level, that's it I think.

I'll go have a look :)

Just trying to confirm if the sub slider functions as expected, and can change the bass levels outside of the standard equalizer.

Thanks mate it's appreciated.
d438900b4edab2f4775f194bf3b0546e.jpg
65512b24e5b6bd60c238392cb861a065.jpg
31dc1f3f6aa479a3052d332501905dbb.jpg

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Just trying to confirm if the sub slider functions as expected, and can change the bass levels outside of the standard equalizer.

Thanks mate it's appreciated.
d438900b4edab2f4775f194bf3b0546e.jpg
65512b24e5b6bd60c238392cb861a065.jpg
31dc1f3f6aa479a3052d332501905dbb.jpg

I have those settings on my car too, however the subwoofer slider appears to do nothing.

Is there a noticeable change in sound when you slide the adjust the subwoofer slider?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Yeah the slider does make a difference but only when the engine is on for some odd reason. Ignition off or if the engine is off (as part of stop start or just the ignition on) the subwoofer and the equaliser don't seem to function past the default settings.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Yeah the slider does make a difference but only when the engine is on for some odd reason. Ignition off or if the engine is off (as part of stop start or just the ignition on) the subwoofer and the equaliser don't seem to function past the default settings.
Ah, that is interesting...

I was messing about with the engine off.

Thanks

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have those settings on my car too, however the subwoofer slider appears to do nothing.

Is there a noticeable change in sound when you slide the adjust the subwoofer slider?
I still haven't had a chance to test mine I took these pictures as screenshots from a YouTube demo of Beatsaudio.

Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page.

In video it was implied that the slider worked for the sub.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks for checking and confirming.

Reactions: Brooster89

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Ah, that is interesting...

I was messing about with the engine off.

Thanks
I only noticed it because I was sure my equaliser settings were different as I had changed them, and when I tried changing them with the ignition on, they always reset back to the midway point. Then when I started the engine, the settings were as I expected.

Reactions: Brooster89
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.