Beeping, red flashing light.. WTF?

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Not really closure though is it? Where the hell have you lost that much fluid? If it has leaked out through the lid then it could cause all sorts of damage to the engine bay. If it has leaked from else where then your brakes could have a serious safety issue!

del 77

i've just recently had same problem, took it to my local dealer, mechanic said it was fluid level that was low, apparently something was loose with the abs and was leaking fluid slightly, he tightened it up and topped the fluid up, job done, no more flashing light, didnt cost me anything either.

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
No, it's not closure, but it's certainly driveable and it's due in the shop tomorrow so I'll leave a list of things I want them to look into.

Not sure where the fluid's gone, but as long as there is fluid in there, the brakes will work and it's only for another 20 miles....

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
Car's been at the stealer and has been serviced and brake fluid changed - bank account drained - I don't even want to admit to myself how much they've stolen from me!

No beeping any more - huzzah!

On the plus side, they've given it a thorough clean. The second one in as many weeks after it got back from the accident repairer. (£250 excess)