Benji's mk2 Leon FR 2.0 TSI

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
That vinyl´d front bumber is very very nice!
That would be my first mod if i had a FL model.
Also i dig the handbrake slip on...classy!
This car makes me wanna trade my pre-fl to new one. :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
That vinyl´d front bumber is very very nice!
That would be my first mod if i had a FL model.
Also i dig the handbrake slip on...classy!
This car makes me wanna trade my pre-fl to new one. :)

Cheers matey :)

Looks like you already have! haha... oh and some MY12 LED Rear Clusters :D

:lol: I wish!
The new rear lights look sexual, I will consider it once my vagcom arrives so i could possibly code them in :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Little update:
Induction kit never arrived and is due for monday now :(

I did however receive my aluminium sill plates, with the "Seat sport" logo pressed in them.
They look really smart and good quality and will actually protect the sills unlike some mediocre vinyl ones I have seen on ebay...

Fronts:
kkk.jpg

Rears:
lll.jpg

Also fitted my number plate LEDs.
These are brand new holders and not just the usual bulbs that fail after a week and display warning lights.
The old holder unplugs and you plug in the new holder, simple as that! They are really really bright too and are perfect for when you are reversing in the dark :lol:

Some pics:
ooo.jpg

uuu.jpg

Wern't cheap though.

No warning lights so far touch wood :)

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200720761652?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Those ones mate.

Not cheap but well worth it IMO to replace the stock "candles". Brings the rear into the 21st century as I think a lot of cars now come with these as standard. I certainly see a lot of beemers and jags with them!

Only downside is they have now brought on a warning when first powered up ( Check number plate bulb!), then it goes off but seems to come on again after a while of driving ( Its not constantly on)... but that doesnt bother me atall as I already have the warning on for my sidelights :D However they work perfectly, they don't flicker etc .

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
My Vagcom cable should be here tomorrow, so I will turn the warning light off for good! :lol:

I will also deactivate the totally useless and embarrassing "Cornering fog lights " which make you look like a tool at the traffic lights when you are indicating and on of them comes on :banghead2:

I am also going to change some of the settings in the car, such as brake sensitivity, XDS sensitivity and steering weight, plus activate the needle sweep and a few other little things.

Oh and the induction kit might turn up with a bit of luck...

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Update:

I fitted the neuspeed dogbone mount insert over the weekend and I can feel the difference it has made already. Wheel hop has been reduced and in the corners the car seems more sure footed. Some of that may be the placebo effect but for £30 its definatly worthwhile!

I have been getting bored with the white brakes so I decided to give them a fresh lick of red paint ( I know I said it was over used, but its because it looks soo good :D )

Also while I had all 4 wheels off I decided to finally fit the sideskirts!

I have to say they are probably my second favourite mod! (After the Milltek of course ) The car has a much better stance now and appears lower.

Pics ( Car is sitting very high ATM because it has been jacked up for a good few hours)

543167_10150818210046671_701071670_9876687_2008157724_n.jpg

547894_10150818211656671_1418343389_n.jpg

Head on view to show the added beef!

581223_10150818210791671_825960755_n.jpg

Really Really happy with the exterior looks now, the only thing that will finish it off is the soon to arrive front splitter that has been developed by Triple R Composites!

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Another little update:
I have been getting annoyed with the steering wheel trim as it has a few little marks and scratches on it from when my arm was in a cast and it caught the bottom of the wheel.

Anyway I had heard that the trim doesn't actually come off... but I was determined to remove it! .....
There are 4 torx screws at the back of the wheel, which can be accessed if you turn the wheel nearly 180 degrees. Undo all of them.
The trim is in two parts which are clipped in place all along the length. I inserted a little screw driver at the edge and went all along the bottom to unclip them. Once the two parts are separate simply pull them away from the airbag ( There is a little ridge that hooks under) EASY!

Then I scuffed them up and gave them a thin coat of plastic primer, then a few coats of gloss black and finished with a couple coats of Clear! The outcome was very good and the pictures do not do it justice. The black matches my gloss black door handles and replaces the drab grey/silver original finish quite nicely. :)

Removed:
181327_10150842543586671_1319525202_n.jpg

Two parts:
547690_10150842543976671_2096878374_n.jpg

Finished! ( Crap picture sorry! )
222.jpg

Also went on a lovely drive around the mountains!
599216_10150842544626671_1680236143_n.jpg

Next mods:

Currently awaiting the arrival of my Rear Anti Roll Bar and WALK kit so I can get rid of the horrible understeer.

I will also be ordering a Milltek downpipe with sports cat when pay day arrives, so I can go Revo stage 2 ASAP :drool: Hopefully it won't be a lot louder than it is now, because this Milltek catback is starting to make my ears bleed :lol:

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Better pic of the steering wheel :
7962_10150844662471671_242390494_n.jpg

Just ordered:

The plastic battery cover from seremotors to replace the crappy horrible cloth cover from factory. Along with the iduction kit it should tidy up the engine bay a lot and make it look a lot less cluttered.

5L of Catrol Edge 5w/30 engine oil, plus an oil filter and ECS magnetic sump plug so I can change the oil over the weekend.

Loads of goodies from Clean Your Car, so I can treat the car to a thorough detail once I have finished playing in the engine bay.

WALK and ARB arrived this morning so I cant wait to fit everything and get the car looking good.

Feel like a kid at christmas again :lol:

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
That steering wheel update is very nice...
i´ve always hated that FL model crappy looking plastic,
it makes terrible noise too when pressed...
But you´ve made it look nice, well done!

Also i like that back box, i´d sure like to have one on to my own car.
Maybe next... :)
Now i just wait to get my car back from the painter...no more stonechips in the front and new headlights, too bad though that i didn´t get xenon headlights, only the new oem halogen units.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
That steering wheel update is very nice...
i´ve always hated that FL model crappy looking plastic,
it makes terrible noise too when pressed...
But you´ve made it look nice, well done!

Also i like that back box, i´d sure like to have one on to my own car.
Maybe next... :)
Now i just wait to get my car back from the painter...no more stonechips in the front and new headlights, too bad though that i didn´t get xenon headlights, only the new oem halogen units.

Yeah mine was making weird noises too, I found the screws were loose, so when I replaced it I did them up tight and the noise has gone away :)

I agree, I wish I had the xenons for purely the looks! However the halogen ones do function okay on the roads.

You might want to invest in a bonnet bra ( If you are in to those things) to keep it all nice and protected, or some clear vinyl that will stop the chips :p

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
So over the weekend I changed the oil and oil filter and fitted the battery box. It looks so much better now.
Fitted and then later removed the tx autosport induction kit because the noise was fun to begin with but I soon got annoyed with the "tish" noise everytime i took my foot off the accelerator...
SciroccoTSiGTIntakeKit2.jpg

I'm working nights atm so I doubt I will have time to get the walk and RARB fitted before inters :(

Here is a pre- inters detail.. again appologies for the crappy phone pic, im hoping my camera comes tomorrow
600304_10150856542736671_1061232626_n.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Currently half way through my GTI Inters prep!
Detailed the engine bay today and prep'd all the paintwork ready for the polishing tomorrow and a few layers of Zymol Glasur!! :drool:
Also fitted:
-Silver mirrored indicator bulbs all round, including the side indicators, to hide the nasty amber glow.
-Side indicator tinted lens's

-Painted engine cover insert candy white
- Repainted the lower lip gloss black as it was getting a little tatty.

I also made a mini guide on how to change the oil on the 2.0 tsi engine incase anyone wants to tackle it themselves ( really easy on these engines)

1.Open the oil cap at the top to stop a vacuum when the oil is draining.

2. Remove engine cover ( Just pulls off)
SAM_0896.jpg

2. 19mm socket is needed to crack off the sump plug and washer ( Be careful when the oil gushes out, wear glasses etc etc. ) Get ready to catch it with your oil pan or bucket! Tip- Take the car for a good 10 min drive before hand to get the oil really hot, as it drains a lot quicker when it is hot and more of it will drain out too!
SAM_0898.jpg

SAM_0905.jpg

3. Remove the old oil filter if you are changing it. ( It shouldnt be tight, mine twisted off by hand)
SAM_0900.jpg

4. Replace the sump plug with a brand new one and washer.
SAM_0904.jpg

5. Put a new oil filter in ( Lube the seal with a little bit of oil )
SAM_0903.jpg

6. Refil with an oil of your choice, I went with castrol edge ( The TSI takes 4.9 L )
I put in about 4.5l, then started the engine and left it running for 5 minutes. Then turn it off and top up the oil as required.
SAM_0906.jpg

Tinted side indicators:
SAM_0914.jpg

SAM_0915.jpg

Silver indicator bulb on the left:
SAM_0911.jpg

Before:
SAM_0912.jpg

After:
SAM_0913.jpg

Much cleaner look!

Detailed bay with freshly painted engine cover, and hard plastic battery box instead of cloth cover:
SAM_0916.jpg

More pics to follow of the full detail tomorrow! :)

Thanks

Last edited:

iliketoparty

Loving your work dude, where did you get the handbrake cover from?