Best gauge match for LCR dials/Phantom II UK distributor

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Best gauge match for LCR dials/Includes Autogauge gradational series Wiring Guide!

Hi all.

I have now sold my Ibiza FR, and come back to the petrol side and got myself an Onvi 03 LCR :D

1st mod will be a couple of gauges (well apart from the HIDs and H/U i fitted last night anway lol).
I am after a boost gauge and an oil temp gauge, to be fitted in the nomad pillar pod.

So far after hours of searching, it appears that the best match to the cupra r dials with similar backlighting, is the Autometer Phantom range.

Now, the Phantom 1's illuminate the whole dial (interchangeable colours with leds), link- http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=7

and the Phantom II's illuminate like the standard dials (but white leds...which i don't know if they can be changed). link- http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeop.aspx?sid=59

So a few questions

1) Does anyone know of any better matches/other options (i don't want a smoked gauge tho)?
2) Does anyone know if it is possible to change the illumination with the Phantom II gauges?
3) Where can i source the Phantom II's within the UK....or a decent supplier elsewhere? (i have found phantom 1s over here, but not the 2nd version).

Any other help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

p.s. any pics of these dials at during the day and night would be awesome!

Last edited:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
but they don't match the dials during the day...they are the smoked type aren't they? (similar to the autogauge ones, but all red lighting)

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
ok well the ultralites are a similar situation to the phantoms....ultralite 1s are illuminated around the whole dial, and the ultralite 2s are illuminated like the cupra dials. and once again, the 2nd version can't be sourced in the UK.

the halfrauds autogauge ones are looking like an ok compromise....especially at that price!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
i got the autogauge ones and they are a really good match

any chance of some pics m8? do you mean the autogauge ones which are on the link above?

I think these Clicky are a good match.

Search around on here for some better pics!

i'm liking the look of this one actually....think i mite take a trip to my local in a mo lol

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
07072007391.jpg

07072007394.jpg

07072007390.jpg

They weren't expensive and i'm happy with the colour match - the bulbs were changed for red led ones from ultraleds :)

Hector

They match identicly during day and night with red led back lighting at night.

DF01903.jpg

Apologies if im wrong, but i was certain the white faced Defis only came with green illumination?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
ok well they would be perfect! however i've seen the prices of defi gauges...and they are steep :(

i went to my local halfrauds tonight and picked up the autogauge boost and temp gauges. Just need to order the nomad pillar pod and get them fitted.

If anyone has the autogauge boost and oil temp gauges, and advice on fitting these would be greatly appreciated.

The T-piece provided has a very small diameter....maybe 5mm. Is this the right sort of size for tapping into a LCR boost pipe?

Also, it comes with a temp sensor which needs to be screwed in somewhere....exactly where does this go?

If is not too hard, i'l do it myself...otherwise i'll get my local garage to help out

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.