Best None HID Bulbs to buy (H4)

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, i don't really have the cash at the moment to do an HID conversion since im saving for alloys but was wondering if there is a low cost way of getting my headlights to match the blueish sidelight colour? Thanks

Palmer

hi i had this problem there are many sets on ebay but make sure you get the e-marked ones and you can get a pair inc free side lights for £7- £9 or you can go to halfords but there a little bit more expensive , i ordered my set of ebay and was very happy with them just search xenon h4's

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Hi, i don't really have the cash at the moment to do an HID conversion since im saving for alloys but was wondering if there is a low cost way of getting my headlights to match the blueish sidelight colour? Thanks

I was about to answer this on the other thread LOL!

Looking at your avatar pic, I`d say you need about 6000k to match your led`s.
The problem is that the bluer they are, the less light they produce so getting halogens to match your sides will reduce visibility.
6k or 8k hid`s may be the only thing that will match.

Oh, and most sellers seem to call them xenons when they are in fact halogens - if they were filled with xenon gas they would`nt work LOL!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks for the replies :) ill have a look and see how it turns out, i need H7 lights really but it's not worth the expense imo :)

Dec 3, 2009
I found them to be really dim compared to standard headlights.. tbh just be patient and get HIDs

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Just found the ebay shop I used before... I had the 5000k bulbs but these ice blue 6500k ones might match: clicky

The ones I had from there lasted ages before I went to hid.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Osram Nightbreakers are one of the better H4 bulbs around.

You could always change the sidelights until you get the money to go HID.

Palmer

i just got mine this morning and put them in, will see what they look like tonight.

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I had a set of Philips H7 Extremes, which were good. However the Philips Blue Visions look very good, and give a 4000k output, which from pictures and comps look good.

About £17 a set on Ebay.

Palmer

Seen these but they're 100Watt, would the Police notice and i was told no matter how bright the bulbs are they won't dazzle if they're properly aligned, is this true?

it does say in the listing that they are only for off road or show usage, i got my set of ebay for £9 i put them in yesterday and went for a drive with them last night and i thought they where rather good for the money and i got some free sidelights too and there all E marked so they are road legal

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
it does say in the listing that they are only for off road or show usage, i got my set of ebay for £9 i put them in yesterday and went for a drive with them last night and i thought they where rather good for the money and i got some free sidelights too and there all E marked so they are road legal

Do you have a link please? i already have the sidelights though so aren't too fussed about those but do they look the same colour as headlights?

I was only thinking of getting 100Watts because someone said the None HID bluish bulbs aren't that bright.

Thanks

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Do you have a link please? i already have the sidelights though so aren't too fussed about those but do they look the same colour as headlights?

I was only thinking of getting 100Watts because someone said the None HID bluish bulbs aren't that bright.

Thanks

you won't find bulbs that give you a true Xenon effect where oncoming traffic sees blue and yellow around the whiter light...however, if u take a look at some recent pics in my thread you can see that the Philips Bluevision are pretty white with a hint of blue, and are much brighter than standard bulbs previously fitted

i didn't want my whole headlight cluster to become blue as you see in most conversions...even with some hid's this can happen. the only real way to get the Xenon effect is if the standard headlights use projector design where the headlight is behind a lamp-shaped lense

Last edited:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
here are pics of before and now:

DSC02829.jpg

IMG00049-20100106-1704.jpg

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Thanks, HID's do look nice but i need £70 for the conversion, think id rather put that towards my alloys.

mine aint hid's my man...they are Philips Bluevision bulbs, ~£20 incl delivery with free Philips blue sidelights to match off the bay :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.