Bete Noir's Mk2 Ibiza GTi 1.8T Track Toy

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I have been working on my Kiwi track project for ages as other projects keep stealing my spare time. I am still enjoying the project so I don't want to hurry it, but I want to do some track days in the meantime, so.... that is where this Ibiza came in.

I bought it unseen off eBay, and it looked like this:
DSC04090.jpg

It was sitting on a fairly nasty set of Lenso 17" alloys, and had a Polo Colour Concept black leather interior
DSC04094.jpg

Most importantly, it has a 1.8T conversion, running an Emerald ECU, which was done by Parsons Performance
T2eC16NHJF8E9nnC6IiZBQFwMjgyvw60_3.jpg

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Within a few weeks, I had sold the Lenso alloys, having replaced them with a set of yellow(!) 16" Oz F-1s
DSC02519.jpg

The leather interior was also sold, with the OMP buckets 'borrowed' from my Kiwi Ibiza fitted instead. It now also has an OMP steering wheel, SEAT Sport gearknob, manual windows, poverty spec doorcards, and carpet mats with yellow trim.
DSC02521.jpg

Front and rear OMP strut braces also added
DSC02524.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

Rear wiper gone, limo black tinted rear side windows fitted, and personal plate assigned
DSC02528s.jpg

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The front bumper had been a bit of a mess, having been hacked to clear the FMIC
DSC04091.jpg

I spent a weekend with my angle grinder, some aluminium mesh, and a rivet gun, and it ended-up looking like this:
DSC04170s.jpg

DSC04171s.jpg

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Sweet car, I want to do this so badly I miss my old MK2 more than any car I've ever owned.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I got a set of 17" Oz F-1s refurbed in VW LA7Y, after spending an age with hundreds of colour swatches to match the colour on some 5x100 SEAT Sport F-1s I use as winter wheels on my Leon.

My Leon F-1s have red decals, but I decided to go for yellow on these

These are shod with Yokohama Parada Spec-2s for use on track.

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The Ibiza's second outing on track was at Goodwood.

I had spent some time a couple of days earlier fitting a Milltek cat-back, which certainly seems to let it rev more freely compared to the standard 8v system.

The Paradas worked really well, and stood up well to 30+ laps at speed on the day

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I had cut the rear bumper pretty roughly (with tin snips!) to clear the Milltek tailpipes, so today I tidied it up with a piece of carbon fibre

I love track cars - a few rivets showing just adds to the character :D

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The front and rear strut braces have now been powder coated in black.

The open cone air filter has gone, and been replaced with a Green filter in a mk3 Cupra airbox. To do this I had to get rid of the standard screenwash reservoir, which I replaced with a 1.2l universal reservoir mounted alongside the battery.

The airbox is fed with nice cool air via ducting from the N/S foglight aperture.

This last week has been a mad dash to get a load of jobs sorted for a fresh MOT, before a trip to Anglesey this Sunday (fingers crossed).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members