Bi-xenon bulb question.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
You can try the cornering lights while stationary, just turn the wheel ��

Do yours actually move when stationary? On mine the AFS function is only active if travelling above 6mph so you can't check them when stationary.

If you have access to VCDS then you can apparently activate an adaptation setting called "Showroom Mode" which does then enable this (allows a dealer showcase the AFS function to potential customers in the showroom). This mode then deactivates itself again the next time you drive over 6mph.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Oh sorry u thought you mean the fog lights, easy way to see them work is have your lights in from cold start and you can see the self test

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
I've been trying to search for ages what bulb type the dipped beam xenon is in the pre fl headlights on the cupra, does anyone know if they are d1s or d2s? I can't find a simple answer any where and I'm going to upgrade mine to 5000k osram xenarc or the Phillips equivalent, my oem xenons are no way as crisp or clear as my girlfriends newly fitted 4300k hids in her golf. The car is over 7 years old now so wondering if they are coming to the end of their life? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
Yes more so when on high beam and when you are going round small back roads at night as you can't tell if cars are coming the other way as your headlight light up the corners

riflesbolt

Jan 30, 2015
Has anyone had problems with bi xenon's main beam coming on for about 3 seconds then dipping back down. Even when holding the arm to flash it does the same. I also have the 'bulb out' sign on the dash but all bulbs turning on. I have a 57 plate Leon cupra. Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
I've been trying to search for ages what bulb type the dipped beam xenon is in the pre fl headlights on the cupra, does anyone know if they are d1s or d2s? I can't find a simple answer any where and I'm going to upgrade mine to 5000k osram xenarc or the Phillips equivalent, my oem xenons are no way as crisp or clear as my girlfriends newly fitted 4300k hids in her golf. The car is over 7 years old now so wondering if they are coming to the end of their life? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xenon bulbs do have a life span which is around five years, I fitted the osram Cool blue as they are cheap £70 for a pair on ebay they are great

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Has anyone had problems with bi xenon's main beam coming on for about 3 seconds then dipping back down. Even when holding the arm to flash it does the same. I also have the 'bulb out' sign on the dash but all bulbs turning on. I have a 57 plate Leon cupra. Any help would be appreciated.

Exactly the same problem here, which is what brought me to this thread. 07 plate leon cupra. If i find anything out i will let you know, or if anyone else can help would be appreciated. Need to get mine on VCDS to see the code.

riflesbolt

Jan 30, 2015
Update on headlights. I tried disconnecting the battery for 5mins then reconnecting. The dash light came on straight away, I drove around the block about 400m and the light went out. I tried the main beams and headlights and all working fine now. How long it lasts though I don't know.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.