Big Brakes

Big roars

Apr 5, 2009
Chesterfield
I have newly bought an Ibiza FR and after getting it remapped ive decided to get some big brakes but what size can i get on using the original FR wheels ?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i fitted my 312mm set up, its remove wheel unbolt old calliper carrier, remove disc, undo brake hose and then reverse it to instal. the hardest part is bleeding the system which is essential it is done correctly. if you do not know how to doe this then DO NOT do it. pay some one to as its a safety thing!

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Get a hi-spec monster conversion :)
Get on the brakes and your almost straight through tthe windscreen!!!

but at about £1200 they'r slightly more than the 312's haha

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
i fitted my 312mm set up, its remove wheel unbolt old calliper carrier, remove disc, undo brake hose and then reverse it to instal. the hardest part is bleeding the system which is essential it is done correctly. if you do not know how to doe this then DO NOT do it. pay some one to as its a safety thing!

What's needed when bleeding the brakes fella? You need two people dont you? One to pump the brake while the other one bleeds it? We do it in work but I'm always the one pumping. ;)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
What's needed when bleeding the brakes fella? You need two people dont you? One to pump the brake while the other one bleeds it? We do it in work but I'm always the one pumping. ;)

if you are not mechanically minded DO NOT attempt this. I hold no responsibility if someone uses this guide to bleed there brakes and it goes wrong.

as you said 2 people min 3 is better. just a quick guide........

person 1 (p1)= pedal pumper
person 2 (p2)= nipple bleeder:blink:
person 3 (p3)= level watcher (person 2 can do this)

p2 get a piece of clear tube and a jam jar or a proper bleed bottle then go to the calliper that is the furthest from the master cylinder. put spanner on nipple then put tube on nipple and into jam jar or bleed bottle.

p2 opens nipple and says down and p1 pushes pedal down slowly. after the bubbles stop flowing p2 locks nipple off and says up..... repeat this a few times. give the pedal a pump and repeat a couple more times untill no more bubbles are coming through.

p3 is to keep an eye on the level all the time topping up as you go (if doing it with 2 people p2 will have to keep checking the level and keep it topped up)

once the furthest one is done work your way back towards the master cylinder. normally the bleed sequence is n/s/r, o/s/r, n/s/f, o/s/f callipers

i hope that makes sence

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2007
Derby
iv fitted my 312 yesterday really pleased with the out come got standered discs which cost £40 even with standered 312 ya can tel the diff in them iv got standered sports wheels so they do fit 16s hear are some pics to show you

DSC02007.jpg
DSC02009.jpg
DSC02008.jpg

hope these pics help

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Pedal bleeding isn't advised on VAG cars as it can fold the master cylinder seal and cause big problems. Pressure bleed if you can or use Vag-Com assuming you have ABS.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea there is a bleed sequence in the ABS module somewhere. But pressure bleeding is easier and less hassle as you can do one wheel at a time

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Yea there is a bleed sequence in the ABS module somewhere. But pressure bleeding is easier and less hassle as you can do one wheel at a time

How'd you do that then fella?

So you reckon pressure bleeding it easier? Even though it could damage the master cylinder?

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
How'd you do that then fella?

So you reckon pressure bleeding it easier? Even though it could damage the master cylinder?

Gunsons Eazi Bleed is easiest way to do it..just connect it to a tyre (but low pressure!). Safer than pedal bleeding. There should be some more info in the braking forum.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Gunsons Eazi Bleed is easiest way to do it..just connect it to a tyre (but low pressure!). Safer than pedal bleeding. There should be some more info in the braking forum.

The braking forum is empty practically! :lol:

I'll do a google search for Eazi bleed....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members