Big power loss!!!!

jdearden

There's something not right with my mates Leon FR DSG 2.0TFSi

He took it for it's 10k service and when it came back it was extremely sluggish.

The car has a stage 1 remap and cold air intake (K&N). It used to make a really good 'chatter/flutter' noise on throttle lift off and now it doesn't.

I gave it a drive and compared to mine there feels like there is no power, takes about 9seconds to get to 60mph. The noise has gone from the intake. On the motorway the needle onlly creeps round speedo.

There doesn't seem to be anything loose of leaking from what we can hear...

The garage say they have done nothing to the software... they have however jet washed the cone filter removing the colour from it. Has the in appropriate cleaning of the filter after just 10k removed the oil from it???

Any suggestions as to what could possibly be the problem????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
First thing I would of said is they have reflashed the ECU for an update.... cant see what else it could be..

jdearden

First thing I would of said is they have reflashed the ECU for an update.... cant see what else it could be..

Yeah that was my first thought but he took it to the garage that did his Revo (i thinki) map for the service so that they wouldn't wipe it!

They say they 'don't think they've removed the map'

It's in tomorrow so he'll probs let me know then..in the mean time any more suggestions of what it can be guys?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
If the battery has been disconnected for more than short period, the Revo settings will default to Boost 0, Timing 0, Fueling 0.

jdearden

Well Dan you were half right, if the ECU loses power the revo setting will resort back to Boost 0 Timing 0 and Fuel 0.

How it lost power is a bit confusing... My mate's took it for a diagnostics check as it's still feeling like it's lacking boost. Going to compare the comand boost and compare it to the actual boost. I sugested maybe the diverter valve is gone. I know this has been a proplem with the oem one splitting. Would you reccomend replacing it with another oem one, an upgraded oem one (like the one awesome have on sale) or maybe a forge one?

What do we think?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Well Dan you were half right, if the ECU loses power the revo setting will resort back to Boost 0 Timing 0 and Fuel 0.

How it lost power is a bit confusing... My mate's took it for a diagnostics check as it's still feeling like it's lacking boost. Going to compare the comand boost and compare it to the actual boost. I sugested maybe the diverter valve is gone. I know this has been a proplem with the oem one splitting. Would you reccomend replacing it with another oem one, an upgraded oem one (like the one awesome have on sale) or maybe a forge one?

What do we think?

I just replaced the OEM "C" recirc valve (diaphragm) for the OEM "D" version (spring). I believe there was nothing wrong with the original, but then the Cupra has the DV relocated to the front of the engine away from the heat of the turbo. However it has been known for the recirc valve to have issues on the FR because of its location, and that would cause a split meaning loss of boost.

The easy way to check would be to log requested vs actual boost on VAGCOM as you suggested above.

jdearden

cheers mate, think that's what he's having done. Maybe DJ or Dan you can answer my other post on diverter valves? I have no clue so can't advise on what he should install.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Well I done a thread a month or so ago with my FR TFSI with what I would call turbo lag, best way to describe it was I always seemed to have my foot to the floor to get any kind of pace from it. Mines remapped and now has 24000 miles. Anyway had it into dealer etc no faults no warning light on. So I checked the pcv valve on the front of the cam box all was ok in the end bit the bullet and replaced the diverter valve for the new plunger type and hey presto back to normal. I noticed turbo back right away never had the pedal to the floor since. Silly thing the old diverter valve never had any damage to diaphram but the spring seemed weak. Anyway been sorted for 650 miles now and still smiling. Kev

jdearden

Well I done a thread a month or so ago with my FR TFSI with what I would call turbo lag, best way to describe it was I always seemed to have my foot to the floor to get any kind of pace from it. Mines remapped and now has 24000 miles. Anyway had it into dealer etc no faults no warning light on. So I checked the pcv valve on the front of the cam box all was ok in the end bit the bullet and replaced the diverter valve for the new plunger type and hey presto back to normal. I noticed turbo back right away never had the pedal to the floor since. Silly thing the old diverter valve never had any damage to diaphram but the spring seemed weak. Anyway been sorted for 650 miles now and still smiling. Kev

Was this done under warranty? Sound like it should be if it's a frequent occurance!?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise