BIGG addicted's Leon FR tdi stage 2+ MORE SMOKE, MORE POKE!! GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Tested the st's switch with my clean mapin which they tried to retain as much power as poss. So I can choose between both. Had a wee test with a friends carcwith the 2 diff maps. And with the clean map on I reckon there must be a good 20 bhp loss :( stuck the smokey on and the car is a much more aggresive animal mid range and top range. Keeping the smokey map on just now. But the clean map can be uploaded in 5 mins if my gf is driving the car :)

J20ROBO

Feb 23, 2011
Ayrshire
Tested the st's switch with my clean mapin which they tried to retain as much power as poss. So I can choose between both. Had a wee test with a friends carcwith the 2 diff maps. And with the clean map on I reckon there must be a good 20 bhp loss :( stuck the smokey on and the car is a much more aggresive animal mid range and top range. Keeping the smokey map on just now. But the clean map can be uploaded in 5 mins if my gf is driving the car :)

in addition!!!

clean map shall be used wen driving in convoy or at anytym around my clean car..

caaaapeeeeshhhh:thumbup:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Did they not offer to rolling road it for you, or was this a mail order unit?

My new map is based on the identical custom made file, but the smoke has been reduced by cutting a certain amount of fuelling without losing power. But it defo has lost power. So my smokey map is on just now :)

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I'm going back soon for tweaks as mines a bit too smokey for my liking. Ideally i'd take a bit of extra boost to sort the job out. :)

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
My car can't physically take anymore boost. It's at it's limits :(. Mikko came over from Finland and used my car as a bit of a guinea pig. Too see how much he could physically take the pd170 standard turbo to accompanied by the 3" full milltek system and panel filter with the dpf delete anytime he took the car over the limit it's at just now the car would start overboosting sending it into lp mode on the rollers. I will get a video of the smoke up :)

Last edited:

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Yea, I don't believe I can go any further boost wise either. Do you use a lot of oil?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Only been to 3 countries in 2012 so far! USA, Holland and Norge :)

tomh18

Brilliant write up mate! Looks spot on..Sounds like a bit of a beast!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise