BIGG addicted's Leon FR tdi stage 2+ MORE SMOKE, MORE POKE!! GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Decided to give the car a good clean today, after using cherry snow foam, drying cloth, colour magic wax colour enhancer and meguiar quick wax. Also used tyre dressing and totaly hoovered out the car.

Here's a few pics of the results :)

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

looking good mate ;) need to get mines done :rofl:

milsom

Mar 19, 2012
Wales
Hey!! I'm looking at doing a DPF miltek removal and Custom Code remap (not sure which one I can have, stage 1 or 2) Hows the car been running with it??

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hey!! I'm looking at doing a DPF miltek removal and Custom Code remap (not sure which one I can have, stage 1 or 2) Hows the car been running with it??

Both BIGG and Myself no longer run Custard Code

Last edited:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Didn't know it was a R you were getting.
Enjoy the interior and the rest of the clever gizmos.
Which map will you be going with apr or revo?

Sent from my iPhone

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
im trying to convince him to go APR, because the HQ is round corner from me so he can make a day trip of it :p

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
only reason i said APR is everybody who i know who used to run APR and then switched to Revo when AwesomeGTI moved over has had niggles and is now moving back to APR as far as im aware

kilner

May 8, 2011
hi pal hope ur happy with the new car if u do go to apr or wereva u go for mapping let me kno and ill meet up for a chat

u can also take me out in it and show me wat all this petrol talk is about :)

try to convert me

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
hi pal hope ur happy with the new car if u do go to apr or wereva u go for mapping let me kno and ill meet up for a chat

u can also take me out in it and show me wat all this petrol talk is about :)

try to convert me

Jamie,

Went out in my mates Stage2+ Cupra, its well known on here as Blade's old car

Stage2/Stage 2+ FR TDI hasnt got a chance is all i can say

but.... still i think i would miss the torque

kilner

May 8, 2011
Jamie,

Went out in my mates Stage2+ Cupra, its well known on here as Blade's old car

Stage2/Stage 2+ FR TDI hasnt got a chance is all i can say

but.... still i think i would miss the torque

yer they say derv isent as much fun but tbh having all that torq at 2k rpm u just carnt beat it for feeling fun

i notice u got some new maps im after having a new tweeked map but no1 got back to me yet want somthing inbatween wat i got now and the one u and biggaddicted had

just a slight increse but still good for the road

but i looked over my dyno graph at the side of yours and i hit max torq and bhp way be4 u but u hit it higher up teh range as im maxed out at 3.7k rpm and hit max torq at 2krpm

mine looks allmost identical to ur map did he load mine onto urs ?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
yer they say derv isent as much fun but tbh having all that torq at 2k rpm u just carnt beat it for feeling fun

i notice u got some new maps im after having a new tweeked map but no1 got back to me yet want somthing inbatween wat i got now and the one u and biggaddicted had

just a slight increse but still good for the road

but i looked over my dyno graph at the side of yours and i hit max torq and bhp way be4 u but u hit it higher up teh range as im maxed out at 3.7k rpm and hit max torq at 2krpm

mine looks allmost identical to ur map did he load mine onto urs ?

The Stage2+ Map was the one that BIGG had on his car with a few tweeks + EGR Delete, So the file was probably originally developed on your car first, Ive only loaded the S2+ Map once, far to smokey for the road.

The Stage2 Map is quite smokey aswell, Its smooth though, EGR Delete and Stutter free now

Stage 0 is suprisingly good, feels slow compared to the others but feels better than OEM

kilner

May 8, 2011
The Stage2+ Map was the one that BIGG had on his car with a few tweeks + EGR Delete, So the file was probably originally developed on your car first, Ive only loaded the S2+ Map once, far to smokey for the road.

The Stage2 Map is quite smokey aswell, Its smooth though, EGR Delete and Stutter free now

Stage 0 is suprisingly good, feels slow compared to the others but feels better than OEM

yer rember wen ben and mikko was working in teh car they took me out with just a base map with just dpf delete and was suprising how good the car felt on standard oem map

my car still stuters bad but i get torq way lower down than most of u guys i think its tryes to overboost and the ecu limits it and makes it stuter and recalibrates the ecu after slow driving

so i think they lean the power delivery to let boost build a tad slower to prevent overboost

duno wats goin on but i dont mind it only normally stuters after a qwick foot down after slow driving for a long long time as tho it recalibrates itself after that dosent do it again untill i return to sunday driver mode

i hav an urge to do somthing to my car but nothing left on thsi list just goin over old ground tweeking bits here and ther

any way im glad mikko and the crewe is finally getin the recognition they deserve and people not flaming that its all bs and custard code is teh dogs bollox :whistle:

u no got any more plans andrew ?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
got a few options

1. Hybrid the PD170 Turbo, It will run the Stage2+ Map as daily but will be almost smoke free
2.GTB2260VK, Mikko is confident it will work to around 270-275
3. Trade it for a Cupra/Cupra R

kilner

May 8, 2011
got a few options

1. Hybrid the PD170 Turbo, It will run the Stage2+ Map as daily but will be almost smoke free
2.GTB2260VK, Mikko is confident it will work to around 270-275
3. Trade it for a Cupra/Cupra R

i still dont think they could hit boost levels required with the seimans ecu

im kinda happy with the car tho so ill see how things go

wats ur next plans ?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
firstly i need to do some much needed maintenance now, Cars on 46k, in 3-4k its due its Belt and Pump replacement, Discs and Pad's all around are needed (345mm Brake upgrade will be fitted) Top Mounts need replacing aswell

kilner

May 8, 2011
firstly i need to do some much needed maintenance now, Cars on 46k, in 3-4k its due its Belt and Pump replacement, Discs and Pad's all around are needed (345mm Brake upgrade will be fitted) Top Mounts need replacing aswell

lol im at the same millage thinking bout the belt and pump but tbh i think its got another 10k safe left on it

as for ur brakes i would take a propa look coss vw and seat just try to rip u off 1 guy had his disk and pads changed 6 month l8a he had his injectors changed free and they told him he needed new disks and pads ???? how f***ed up is that just trying to get money back for the injectors ? lol

i thort u had some new mounts ?