BIGG addicted's Leon FR tdi stage 2+ MORE SMOKE, MORE POKE!! GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
my brakes are the original ones, 46k worth of wear they are really shot at now

Top Mounts are suspension mounts, there causing the knocking

Ive got THS FR3 Engine Mounts

kilner

May 8, 2011
my brakes are the original ones, 46k worth of wear they are really shot at now

Top Mounts are suspension mounts, there causing the knocking

Ive got THS FR3 Engine Mounts

vw told me i needed new pads like 11 montsh ago at the last service and even now i still dont need new pads

i decided im goin to service teh car myself now as i dont trust my local vw dealer and they ring me up asking if i had my brake fluid pads cam belt and other things changed and wen do i want to book it in

i just feel ther out to make money and nothing else

also decided im goin to keep teh car so a service history isent important to me anymore but all recipts for service items will be stapled into my service book

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
vw told me i needed new pads like 11 montsh ago at the last service and even now i still dont need new pads

i decided im goin to service teh car myself now as i dont trust my local vw dealer and they ring me up asking if i had my brake fluid pads cam belt and other things changed and wen do i want to book it in

i just feel ther out to make money and nothing else

also decided im goin to keep teh car so a service history isent important to me anymore but all recipts for service items will be stapled into my service book

Mine has always been serviced by AwesomeGTI, This time around it will be done by a friend who is a VAG-Tech for beer money, ill supply the parts from TPS. Nobody has mentioned to me that it needs new brakes but i can tell it does, Quick inspection doesnt look that good

kilner

May 8, 2011
Mine has always been serviced by AwesomeGTI, This time around it will be done by a friend who is a VAG-Tech for beer money, ill supply the parts from TPS. Nobody has mentioned to me that it needs new brakes but i can tell it does, Quick inspection doesnt look that good

1 more thing i hav been thinking about now our cars arnt dpf equipped can we run difrent engine oil that would be beter for the engine ??

O AND BTW how u getin on with that clutch u got from dark side ?

im rly happy with the performance of my helix lwsmf but its gave my car a real rough idle from cold

kilner

May 8, 2011
dont even ask about the clutch lol, Noisy is the word

lol is it still in ?

mine sounds like a sack of spanners but i new it would but urs was said to be silent and if its not its a massive joke as u havent rly gained anything from it just a noise lol

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh it sounds worse than the Helix kit, It does pick up alot better though, Feels alot more solid, not scared to use the torue now, OEM Setup felt weak

kilner

May 8, 2011
Yeh it sounds worse than the Helix kit, It does pick up alot better though, Feels alot more solid, not scared to use the torue now, OEM Setup felt weak

my helix has got louder even my radio isent working anymore been looking into a thicker gear oil to try take some of the sound out of it bit stumped rly duno wat to do as dont want to cause more damage

wat has darkside said about the noise ? not offerd to refund or change it ?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
They said its to do with the Injection timing on the PD170, problem they have got is Southbend will want it back to inspect it at my cost, and they will just say theres nothing wrong with it, Been thinking maybe my engine mounts are casuing it aswell, as they make it all vibrate

kilner

May 8, 2011
They said its to do with the Injection timing on the PD170, problem they have got is Southbend will want it back to inspect it at my cost, and they will just say theres nothing wrong with it, Been thinking maybe my engine mounts are casuing it aswell, as they make it all vibrate

yer i kno wat u mean its not like its an easy part of the engien to take apart and then get another clutch and mess around may aswell just leave it now and if there is a major failiure then ackt on it kinda shame they said it was silent tho

any of the other guys hav problems or only you ?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Stripped the leon back to standard last night. Took off the linea r grille. Took off the shortshifter and took off the miltek exhaust. Going to leave the springs and clutch on the car. Will be sad to see her go :( maps are off as well. Onwards and upwards with the cupra R :)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Pretty much what I did when I changed my fr to my r.
Stripped everything apart from springs and clutch and had to leave my armrest as it was screwed to the centre console.

Sent from my iPhone

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.