Bigging up the MK2

R French

Sorry to not bother reading the next 2 pages - I guess I'm a touch older than most MK2 owners,

Had one since 97 when I got my first brand spanking new 8v cupra. Had a 16v cordie and now rally a 16v Ibiza. No major faults just minor annoyances.

However, I still have my first Mini and a historic Mini rally car, plus a 61 Morris Mini and an '80 1275GT..........

Spot the pattern? One and the same cars I think, if a MK2 golf didn't float your boat in about '88 then 10 years later the Ibiza did it. Coming from a MK1 1.5 GLX in black with double exciting gold mulitispoke alloys (Strada platform) then a Toledo 1.9TD GLX I was laughing all the way with my 8v.

Nuff said, love em or hate em. Simples. For me the whole world had moved on, SEAT were winning the F2 championship, Gwyndaf Evans was the fastest school bus driver around, magical times, I'm hanging on to them with these cars. Old git rant over.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
my head gasket gone and a mate smashed up his 1.6 polo. its the AEE engine with 50k which is very simular to the APQ so just puting the engine, box, brain and all the little bits straight in mine. i carnt really see any problems acuring but things are never straight forward are they?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.