black front lights,?

benwalllker

alright all, new to thread,

first question for you all then,,,

iv notice alot of u have black lights compared to the standard silver,
is it a diy spray job or an aftermarket/standard upgrade.?

if its the first anyone got a guide/ how to:)

im concidering putting the audi r8 style led lights behind the glass if the casings come off, i saw a boyracer :blink: with them stuck on the front of the glass, and they didnt lok too bad for a bodge job, so i recon actually done properly they could look real nice, any thoughts?

daves ibiza

not for me mate . and them black lights i think there standard cupra ones they just look beter than standard ones

benwalllker

yea they looked alright on this car i saw, even thought they had bin just stuck on, and if im behind the wheel i wont be the one blinded :)
anyone know were i can source sum them, cant find any on ebay, or in the for sale section. :(

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
You can get them running lights on ebay. Just led's mate. And id get a spare set of lights if you really do plan on getting it done as may mess up. But easy to heat up and take casings off.

Personally id just get cupra lights if your after abit of a better look.

benwalllker

wen u say heat them up are we talkin hair dryer?
Iv heard people wack them in the oven???
Any ideas on best way not to crack them lol

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
wen u say heat them up are we talkin hair dryer?
Iv heard people wack them in the oven???
Any ideas on best way not to crack them lol

Yeah, you can whack 'em in the oven, just for a few seconds though, otherwise you'll melt the thing! Talking from experience ;)

benwalllker

so were talking gas mk 4 for 2mins and then remove wen crisp and brown smelling of turkey dinner? Lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members