Blocked Immobiliser

JoMcf

Hello,

I left my car in last Tuesday to get the unit behind the speedo etc replaced. It had stopped beeping when fuel was low, lights on, and no indicator tick etc. It was left in for its 40k service and I mentioned to the Seat garage that this wasn't working.

So took it back on Tuesday to get it replaced - meant to be an hours job. I still haven't got my car back. It is saying 'BLOCKED' on the computer they have it linked up to. First problem was they fitted a unit that had been used in another car, so the unique code didn't work. Then they got a new part last wednesday to go in but it has said 'BLOCKED' ever since.

On Friday they said it was a software issue between their computer and head office? They took the car to another branch today and that computer is also saying 'BLOCKED'.

Has anyone come across this before? Can it be fixed?

I thought maybe because the first part they put in had been in another car with another unique code that my car had gone into some mode that it thought it was stolen or something? Would it be possible that it now needs a new immobiliser?

They tell me it will take between 1 and 2 hours to unblock, then it never does. They say when it unblocks they can put the code in and it would take 45mins from that point...

Any info or past experiences of same thing would be really appreciated. Tomorrow it will have been in a week. And it has been sitting with the ignition on all week - will this burn out the plugs or coil or something? And is it possible that I will now have bother with it in the future?

It's a 2007 1.9 tdi

Sorry for such a long post but it's just dragging out... Thank in advance for any help.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
had a similar experience mate, my immob. packed up
the garage needed a "immob code" that only a SEAT dealer has, so they requested this, so they can get into the immob and recode the key, wouldn't let them get in

i found out it was an earth problem that stripped the code from the key in the first place
but the garage owner had to buy some really expensive software/laptop (pre installed) to fix it, and he did, i can give you their number/address if you need it, they are good guys (pricey though) but will fix it more or less
google "VRS Auto Coventry"

JoMcf

Thanks for reply.

I'm in Northern Ireland so won't be able to get it to Coventry... Car is still under warranty so it isn't costing me for them to fix it.

I had worried about immob packing in and asked them about it today.

Dear knows when I'll get my car back! Will phone them in morning and tell them what you experienced and see what they say. Looks like they need to get that laptop/software.

Thanks again.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
oh ok then, didn't know where you were, i'd give the number to SEAT and ask them to ask what software he used (ask for the owner, the name i cannot remember sorry mate) say it was a copper coloured mk2 SEAT ibiza gti, they might remember it lol

yeah my car was with them/SEAT for 4 weeks, was really bad, and got to a point of frustration!

it's good its under warranty, they wanted 7.5hours labour, i argued so much i ended up paying 1.5hours :D lol
good luck mate :)
hope it gets fixed

JoMcf

Got my car back today. Very glad to get it back! They put a tank of fuel in it for the hassle.

Thanks again for your help.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
excellent mate :D
did they ever say what was wrong? would be good to know if it happens to anyone else!
with petrol prices so high atm, that's a bargain :p lol

JoMcf

All they told me was that it was a software issue... But I don't know.

They told me it wasn't my immobiliser, but when I asked what had blocked they said the immobiliser...

Oh but got in touch with that company you used and they were very helpful, but garage I left car in with got it fixed as I was contacting them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.