Bloody Raaagiiiiing

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
Come out of the house to find this
Image108.jpg

Image107.jpg

And a recycling bin on the floor beside it!

Huuuge dent and the paint has split!

Looks like the council have just left the empty bins on the kerb, and the wind has blown it over and into my wing!

have i got a leg to stand on?who do i complain to?
will i have to fix this out my own pocket?

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
unfortunatley i dont think you have a leg to stand on as it would be classed as an act of god, although you could possibly claim they shouldnt leave it so close to the road/car as it could get blown into the road and cause damage/accident.

Deleted member 13581

Thats no good mate.

Im not sure you can claim, and i think they will only tell their guys not to leave the bins so close to the cars. Its just one of they things.

Hope you get it fixed soon mate.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Absolutely gutted for you! As said though, more than likely just be classed as an act of god and they won't pay out :(

Good luck getting it fixed!

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Did you get a photo of the bin where it had fallen in relation to the car....?

Phone the council today and they'll probably send you out a claim form or something.

Happened to my Bro's brand new Saab 9-3. Been on the drive less than a day and the neighbours Sainsbury's delivery van boxes blew into his car & dented the bonnet. His neighbour told him it was tough; an act of God! They aren't very good neighbours anymore!!

I know you can claim for damage from potholes and stuff so you should be able to claim for this. Good luck! Let us know what happens!

bizzaboy

Unfortunately no-one can predict the wind (the weather kind that is :D ) !

The refuge collectors are just doing their job, they weren't to know that the wind would blow the bin over later in the morning - after they had gone! ;)

Bad luck - I can understand your frustration.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Unlucky mate, it should just push out though... might need the rear 1/4 blowing in, if they have to blend it they will paint the door aswell! Looking at about £300 - £400.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
its the front wing bud, not the rear 1/4

had a quote from the stealers for just shy of £100 for a replacement wing, plus paint

this is right in the srease of the arch, so i doubt it will push out

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
You'd be surprised how far empty wheely bins can blow. :blink:

As has been said, this would probably be classed as an act of God? Once the bins have been emptied, then it's the householder's responsibility to put it back where they keep it I am guessing. What number was the bin? Find it's owner and have a word. ;)

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
well thers 4 houses in our block, then a block carpark. it happened this morning, i went to the car at about 830 and it was there

its either been smacked with a bin by an incompetent refuse collector, and it just so happens a bin was lying beside the car( Bins everywhere round here cos of the wind)

or an empty one has blown into it

but youd think they had enough common sense to leave em where if they were to fall they wouldnt cause damage!

vinocolapso

Apr 7, 2007
Oxfordshire
ah, there in lies the problem.
There is nothing common about common sense:headhurt:
Very unlucky but I would have thought if you are fully comp,
& protected your insurance should cover it.
Hope you get it sorted !:D

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
ah, there in lies the problem.
There is nothing common about common sense:headhurt:
Very unlucky but I would have thought if you are fully comp,
& protected your insurance should cover it.
Hope you get it sorted !:D

Fully comp, but unsure about protected, however even that doesnt matter nowadays! they will still hike up the premium the next year!

Last edited by a moderator:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
how about get a quote from a bodyshop and go from there? im gettin the whole side of mine repaired after some one hit it in a car park and drove off. its cheaper for me to pay myself and do it outside of insurence as my excess is stupid high!!

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
100 is just the quote ive had for an unpainted new wing from the dealers

im unsure wether to try knock the dent out and get it filled and smoothed and painted, or just get a whole new wing?!?!

im not going thru insurance

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.