Blow off sounds LCR

dj-rs

Hi im the proud new owner of a LCR. Although i have used the search facility i am still unsure of how to get a loud blow off sound from the LCR.
I have been told i cant fit an atmospheric dv so how can i get a good loud sound?

Thankyou in advance.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi
Yes the split R is the only dump valve that you can use
We have sold a few of them
Sarah

dj-rs

Bit sarcastic i saw both the split r valve and the 007. Looks as though there has been lots of problems with the split-r valve though.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Take a joke bud, i preffer to stick with the 007, don't like wooshes or big tish noises!
Think the SplitR is fine as long as its set up right just needs a bit of fannying about to make sure its good!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
induction kit will make quite a difference if you want whooshy noises...ramair maxflow, forge split r and a remap ;) whoosh away.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
...and this questions comes up soooooo often
hence the sarky reply!

welcome to the forum

its not a scooby, so the noise you want wont happen, but you can get some aggressive sounds with what john-skahigh said

CupraMuscle

Jul 10, 2007
London
I know I don't drive a Leon but I noticed this post and thought I'd reply. I was at a vag meet the other week and apparently you can run an atmospheric dv on a 1.8T, just not on the vag ecu. The guy was running a DTA ecu on an audi tt 225 engine in a mk 2 golf. Whether having a whooshy sound is worth £600-800 for an ecu is a matter of opinion. Personally I don't think it's worth it but hey, just my 2 cents.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Think its to do with the MAF, dont think you can run an atmos DV with it, map it out and i'm sure there a way!

(BCM waits for someone who knows what there talking about to tell me I'm wrong!)

Jul 8, 2007
hey up Split R is my Choice

I have the split R valve its a good valve took a couple of weeks to get it set up right but now its sorted its good. Nice loud wosshh noise makes plenty of peoples head turn. its money well spent

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I know I don't drive a Leon but I noticed this post and thought I'd reply. I was at a vag meet the other week and apparently you can run an atmospheric dv on a 1.8T, just not on the vag ecu. The guy was running a DTA ecu on an audi tt 225 engine in a mk 2 golf. Whether having a whooshy sound is worth £600-800 for an ecu is a matter of opinion. Personally I don't think it's worth it but hey, just my 2 cents.

I assume that price would exclude man hours to set up the ECU?

You can run without a MAF and a fully Atmos' DV if you are using an alternative ECU but why would you bother unless your running a seriously hybrid motor.......even then if people know what they doing you can stil retain the OEM ECU.

Aftermarket ECU's are only as good as the programmer setting it up and you will loose some of the safety features of the OEM unit.....

If you were transplanting a BT 1.8T into a Mk1 Golf or something I'd think fair enough......otherwise your just throwing away a perfectly good ECU

CupraMuscle

Jul 10, 2007
London
I assume that price would exclude man hours to set up the ECU?

You can run without a MAF and a fully Atmos' DV if you are using an alternative ECU but why would you bother unless your running a seriously hybrid motor.......even then if people know what they doing you can stil retain the OEM ECU.

Aftermarket ECU's are only as good as the programmer setting it up and you will loose some of the safety features of the OEM unit.....

If you were transplanting a BT 1.8T into a Mk1 Golf or something I'd think fair enough......otherwise your just throwing away a perfectly good ECU

Which was exactly my point buddy. I don't see the point as I don't think it's worth spending the money on an aftermrket ecu just so you can run an atmos dv when you can get silly power on the vag ecu. And yes I did mean that cost just for ecu.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.