icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
On thursday just gone, i finally had my blueflame exhaust fitted. About 4 hours later i was given my keys back and out on the road i went. I was praying it was'nt going to be loud all the time and drone when your doing 30mph, as my last cars exhaust did this all the time and it did my head in. So i found the nearest empty road and booted it, heard nothing until the rev counter hit 2500rpm and then a lovely deep roar which kept getting louder and louder up the rev range. The thing i love best about the exhaust is, that you can drive around slowly and it just sounds like a normal car. The only downside i had since getting it, is the amount of petrol iv used in the last couple of days. :happy:

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
Milltek

Well I just splashed out on a Milltek sports cat, mid and rear section, had to wait 4 weeks for mid n rear section and 6 weeks for cat. Sounds good now though now have a slight downpipe issue. I have always believed you get what you pay for, maybe when sytem is complete I will change my mind as Milltek cats our supposed to be top drawer though at the moment I'm slightly doubting choosing the Milltek over the BF due to stuggling to get the uprated DP.

Tim

dkw

Jan 23, 2009
these kind of threads are bad for the bank balance. i was wondering whether to do anything like this to my Cupra R, after listening to that engine noise i now have no choice but to do it. when my wife ses how much its going to cost im just gonna give her your email, so expect an abusive mail any day now... god that makes a good noise...you bugger.

dentist

Feb 21, 2009
hello every one

Just a review on the blue flame cat back system, ive just had mine fitted and its great better looking exit pipe

Sounds allot better too :D i haven't had a miltek but i would recommend a blue flame even my mechanic said how good of build it is.

if anyone is sitting there wondering shall i... then go for it, it will make you :D

Looking to do this too, had a milltek and didnt like the tone on my golf. Choosing between a blueflame cat back and Vortex exhaust is confusing me!

Can't afford the turbo back, so do you mind filling us in on how much the system was?

Dent

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Well I just splashed out on a Milltek sports cat, mid and rear section, had to wait 4 weeks for mid n rear section and 6 weeks for cat. Sounds good now though now have a slight downpipe issue. I have always believed you get what you pay for, maybe when sytem is complete I will change my mind as Milltek cats our supposed to be top drawer though at the moment I'm slightly doubting choosing the Milltek over the BF due to stuggling to get the uprated DP.

Tim

I went with the miltek non res system because of the quality, but i went for a pipewerx 3" downpipe with 200cell cat to replace the standard twin cat. The pipewerx is top quality and im well pleased with it, fits to the miltek really well. Id recommend pipewerx to anyone who is after a downpipe and cat.

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
My blue flame system with the 100 cell cat, set me back just over 800 notes and that included having it fitted. The cat back is around 340 notes, not sure if that includes fitment

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
when i wa enquiring about the full system a while back, nigel told me they dont do 100 cell cats anymore due to them engineering a 200 cell to give the same results, and at the same time being cheaper (for us) the consumer....also the full system used to be £595 this time last year

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Looking to do this too, had a milltek and didnt like the tone on my golf. Choosing between a blueflame cat back and Vortex exhaust is confusing me!

Can't afford the turbo back, so do you mind filling us in on how much the system was?

Dent

hello mate i got my cat back for £300 which i think is a good price looking around

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Was that including the 3 inch downpipe for that price? They got hold of a 100 cell cat for me, its def not a 200 one

yes bud, 3 inch downpipe and 200 cell cat, which they told me had been modified to give benefits of a 100 cell... it was 595 on their website and ebay....i was gutted to say the least when the price went up 200 quid.:cry:

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
3 weeks!! Damn, I had better order mine asap.

Good customer service Gooner? Any feedback would be good...it's a lot of money and I need to make sure I'm not throwing it away. :)

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
yeah what i did mate was buy mine off of a firm on ebay who brought straight from blue flame so there customer service was great helped me allot :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise