Bluetooth audio connection problems

mryanski

Leon FR no 3, must be good cars then :)
Aug 13, 2013
Castle Douglas
So far i have been very happy with the audio system in the new Leon, great sound quality and the ability to connect via multiple sources (usb, aux, bluetooth), but this brings me to my small issue.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy s2 which connect automatically via bluetooth when i start the car, no problems at all with the actual calls :)
When i try to use blutooth audio playback the option is faded out and stays faded until i take the phone from my pocket disconnect then reconnect the connection by switching the phones bluetooth off and back on (illegal of course while driving) after which it works no problem.

I had a play with the settings in the vehicle's bluetooth setup menu and found an option "visibility" which had 3 choices of "visible", "hidden" and "at start up", this was set to hidden so i thought brilliant, found it and set it to "visible".

The bluetooth audio then indeed connected, for 5 seconds before disconnecting again :confused: leaving me with the usual option of switching the bluetooth off and on again on the phone.

Anybody else having any issues or is it time for a new phone?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
It might be an app that is causing it rather than the phone or car. Do you have another music app you can try or do you have a task killer installed which is killing the audio playback?

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Could be poor network coverage, sometimes my music flickers on my iphone due to that.

Try pairing another phone and if same happens you then know its not your phone

mryanski

Leon FR no 3, must be good cars then :)
Aug 13, 2013
Castle Douglas
I will try another music app and see if that helps, i have no trouble at all with my company car (volvo v40 r-design) just jump in and it plays automatically, cheers for the quick replies guys :)

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Maybe uninstall then reinstall your current app, might do trick.

Are all updates on your phone installed etc

joakimmo

Have anyone found solution to this problem? I think this problem occurs with Android-users.. I have Galaxy s4 mini running with 4.2 android. My Leon model year is 2013, maybe they have fixed this in newest 2014 models.

TheTJW

May 26, 2016
Hi, did you find a solution to this, as the exact same thing is happening with my Galaxy S6 Edge. The car will connect to the phone via Bluetooth, but then after a few seconds it says 'Disconnected', although it's just the audio media that isn't connecting!

Thanks.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
the issue is software faults in the head units lots of different issues with freezing screens, disconnecting itself. id take the car into dealer as there are software updates

TheTJW

May 26, 2016
So, is there any way to get hold of the software to do the update yourself?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
could be the fact that it's quite an old version of android. Most software fixes are targetted at new/latest versions of operating systems; older ones are left floundering. And you may not be able to instal the latest android. My Sony Xperias only 3 years old and running android 5.1; Sony have no plans to customise the latest version of android for it because it's not current. My daughter's Xperia is 2 months old, came with 6.1 and sony just released android 7 for it....

TheTJW

May 26, 2016
I'm on android version 6.0.1, so fairly new. Are you saying that the SEAT software doesn't keep up, or do you think I need the latest version of Android?

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I'm on android version 6.0.1, so fairly new. Are you saying that the SEAT software doesn't keep up, or do you think I need the latest version of Android?

SEAT don't release bug fixes. If they do it's not very often. I had an issue with my ibiza where the satnav/media device would randomly freeze and reset. I had the device replaced once and then when it still did it, they said I had to wait for an update. I had that car nearly 2 years and an update never came out for it. I probably waited a year and half.

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
most manufacturers would aim software updates at later versions of OSs. 6.1's quite recent, obviously, but in 2 years time it may be left behind. They can't cover everything...we'll wind up having to put up with what we've got, I suspect. If you change the car every 3 years shouldn't be a problem. But you cou;d keep it 5 years, then change the phone and find it's not 100% compatible, or some features aren't supported.
The price we pay for technology is continual creeping obsolence...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.