Bluetooth issue with Galaxy S2

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
A couple of years ago, I ditched my old SE K750i for the brave new world of smartphones and got a Galaxy S2. At that time I had a MK2 Leon. The old SE phone connected fine via Bluetooth and held the connection until the engine was switched off. With the S2, it kept disconnecting every so often and then reconnecting again.

Not to worry I thought. I'm getting the MK3 Leon. Everything's going to be alright. However, it's doing the same thing. It does all the right stuff, I can make and receive calls and see the address book but the regular disconnecting/reconnecting messages are going to get annoying.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour or have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
A couple of years ago, I ditched my old SE K750i for the brave new world of smartphones and got a Galaxy S2. At that time I had a MK2 Leon. The old SE phone connected fine via Bluetooth and held the connection until the engine was switched off. With the S2, it kept disconnecting every so often and then reconnecting again.

Not to worry I thought. I'm getting the MK3 Leon. Everything's going to be alright. However, it's doing the same thing. It does all the right stuff, I can make and receive calls and see the address book but the regular disconnecting/reconnecting messages are going to get annoying.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour or have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Sounds like a faulty phone. Sorry, not tremendously helpful.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
Have you updated your phone software during the time you have owned it? If not, this should be the first step to do.
Of course it can be some compatibility issue. My wife has Fiat 500 and I think during 4 years I have updated its Blue & Me bluetooth system software at least five times and usually some compatibility issues with specific phone models were also solved beside other things. Fiat Blue & Me website has phone compatibility list, I don't know if Seat has such webpage or compatibility list for their bluetooth system.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011

Done a bit of searching and it looks like a possible cause is wifi being turned on. Try turning it off and see if that helps.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Wifi is turned off. I'm up to ICS at the moment. Jelly Bean should be available soon. Failing that, I might try one of the custom ROMS.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I've got an Exeo with the VW/Audi Blutooth connector and that too does the same thing with my Galaxy S2 (intermittently loses Blutooth connection). I've looked around the Audi forums and it appears to be a common issue, it looks like the problem is a compatibility issue between VW/Audi's implementation of Blutooth and Samsung's. From what I can make out the problem started when the S2 was updated to ICS so maybe in the next update to JB it will be sorted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.