Bluetooth song display

Mcleodbz

Feb 16, 2016
Ayrshire
Does anyone have any tips on how to get Bluetooth audio to display song names, and allow track selection?

I have a 2014 FR with the tech pack Nav unit, and an iphone 6.

Just came back from holiday in spain, where my hire car was a basic Leon SE with the basic stereo, and the bluetooth audio worked flawlessly, allowing full selection of tracks, display of titles etc.

On my car bluetooth audio plays but I don't have any function to select tracks/artists etc, so you have to select via the phone.

Ive viewed the posts about updating the software, but it looks like it has the latest SW version for a 2014 model.

arf1989

Apr 9, 2014
I echo that - however, does anyone know how they can get the Spotify song / album art onto the screen when the song is playing? At the moment, the album art on the screen just shows the generic 'music note'. Thanks

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Arf1989, I think the lack of album art is more a limit of both Spotify and blluetooth. From a quick Google, it seems to be a common issue across many cars and phones. Spotify just does not transfer the image across during playback.

Mcleodbz, there is definitely something wrong if track titles are not being shown. As mentioned before, re-pair your phone to see if that resolves it. As I use Android and Spotify I cant comment on your track selection issue as it is definitely not possible for me to browse music from the head unit, all control is done through the phone or track skipping via steering wheel controls. When I'm going for a long drive I try to use Android Auto to allow better Spotify control though voice commands. It's surprisingly good.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Yeah, I've never had Spotify display album art on any car I've linked it to via Bluetooth (using a Sony Xperia Z3C).

p33ks

Apr 28, 2016
Salford
What year was the hire car from?

My 2013 FR with Tech Pack did not allow song selection via Bluetooth, all you could do was skip tracks.

However my 2016 Cupra does allow song selection via Bluetooth, so it could just be different software/hardware that actually works correctly.

Mcleodbz

Feb 16, 2016
Ayrshire
Hire car was new, so maybe that was the issue. My car is late 2014.

I also have an issue every few weeks or so where DAB reception is non existent.

Will ask them to check at next service.

pezzyuk

Jan 15, 2021
Hi did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue and would be very Greatfull for some assistance cheers guys.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.